Prev: excel 2000
Next: Raymond
From: Bob Vance on
Should I try and force a textbox from a query with the same ClientID Number
to give the name...Thanks Bob
"Bob Vance" <rjvance(a)ihug.co.nz> wrote in message
> Thanks Jeff it does have a Value List, but what ever way I change it I can
> not get Dobbie, Chris Only Dobbie
> So I assumed it must be a code controlling the Combo Box!
> It would have nothing to do with the case that opens the Form would it?
> DoCmd.OpenForm "frmInvoiceClient", , , , , , "ModifyOldInvoice"
> Regards Bob Vance
>
> "Jeff Boyce" <nonsense(a)nonsense.com> wrote in message
>>I don't see a question in this...
>>
>> I don't understand what you mean by "my combobox is being controlled by
>> this... I thought you said the combobox was 'fed' by a value list...
>>
>> Regards
>>
>> Jeff Boyce
>> Microsoft Access MVP
>>
>> --
>> Disclaimer: This author may have received products and services mentioned
>> in this post. Mention and/or description of a product or service herein
>> does not constitute endorsement thereof.
>>
>> Any code or pseudocode included in this post is offered "as is", with no
>> guarantee as to suitability.
>>
>> You can thank the FTC of the USA for making this disclaimer
>> possible/necessary.
>>
>> "Bob Vance" <rjvance(a)ihug.co.nz> wrote in message
>>> Thanks Jeff, my combo box cbOwnerName is being controlled by this!
>>> tblInvoice.OwnerName is correct Dobbie, Chris
>>> Regards Bob
>>>
>>> If CurrentProject.AllForms("frmMain").IsLoaded = True Then
>>> cbOwnerName.RowSource = Form_frmMain.cboClient & ";" &
>>> Form_frmMain.cboClient.Column(1)
>>> cbOwnerName.value = Forms!frmMain!cboClient.Column(1)
>>> recInvoice.Open "SELECT * FROM tblInvoice where OwnerName='"
>>> & cbOwnerName.value & "';", CurrentProject.Connection, adOpenDynamic,
>>> adLockOptimistic
>>>
>>> If recInvoice.BOF = False And recInvoice.EOF = False Then
>>> If recInvoice.Fields("OwnerAddress") = "" Or
>>> IsNull(recInvoice.Fields("OwnerAddress")) Then
>>> recInvoice.Fields("OwnerAddress") = ""
>>> Else
>>> tbAddress.value = recInvoice.Fields("OwnerAddress")
>>> End If
>>> End If
>>>
>>> cmdAdd_Click
>>>
>>> Else
>>> recInvoice.Open "SELECT * FROM tblInvoice where InvoiceID=" &
>>> Forms!frmMain!frmModifyInvoiceClientFromMain.Form!lstModify.value _
>>> , CurrentProject.Connection, adOpenDynamic, adLockOptimistic
>>> subShowInvoiceValues
>>> subShowInvoiceDetailValues
>>>
>>> If CurrentProject.AllForms("frmMain").IsLoaded = True Then
>>> cbOwnerName.value = Form_frmMain.cboClient.value
>>> Else

From: Steve on
Hi Bob,

I think the only way you can get Dobbie, Chris is to change the Row Source
Type to a query with two fields. The first field returns 18. The second
field is a calculated field that returns Dobbie, Chris. You will have to
change Column Count to 2 and Column Width to 0;7 cm.

Steve
santus(a)penn.com

From: John W. Vinson on
On Wed, 7 Apr 2010 06:18:08 +1200, "Bob Vance" <rjvance(a)ihug.co.nz> wrote:

>Thanks Jeff it does have a Value List, but what ever way I change it I can
>not get Dobbie, Chris Only Dobbie
>So I assumed it must be a code controlling the Combo Box!

You assumed wrong.

If you have a value list containing the text string "Dobbie" that's exactly
what you'll get in the combo box.

If the value list contains the string "Dobbie, Chris" you'll get that!

I would recommend using a Query with a calculated field. My telepathy is a bit
rusty, but assuming that you have a table of People with fields PersonID,
LastName and FirstName you could create a query

SELECT PersonID, [LastName] & ", " & [FirstName] FROM PEOPLE ORDER BY
LastName, FirstName;

(copy and paste this into the SQL window of a query and adjust the table and
fieldnames to your own objects' names). Save the query and change the combo's
row source type to Table/Query and reference the saved query.

>It would have nothing to do with the case that opens the Form would it?
> DoCmd.OpenForm "frmInvoiceClient", , , , , , "ModifyOldInvoice"

Nope.
--

John W. Vinson [MVP]
From: Bob Vance on
Thanks John have tried using a query but I have no control over the text
box,If I change columns to 0cm;5cm;4cm
I do see the two names in I select the drop down arrow

The Row Source is 18;Dobbie, Chris
No Control Source
In the code is : cbOwnerName.RowSourceType = "Value List"
Thanks Bob

From: John W. Vinson on
On Wed, 7 Apr 2010 13:58:36 +1200, "Bob Vance" <rjvance(a)ihug.co.nz> wrote:

>Thanks John have tried using a query but I have no control over the text
>box,If I change columns to 0cm;5cm;4cm
>I do see the two names in I select the drop down arrow

Reread my message.

You have a "Value List".

That is wrong.

You must change that from "Value List" to "Table/Query".

You must also create the query (I hope that you have a table of names.... do
you?)
--

John W. Vinson [MVP]
First  |  Prev  |  Next  |  Last