Prev: excel 2000
Next: Raymond
From: Bob Vance on
Ok No luck there can i force a text box to show Clients Name and make the
combo box not visible?
Thanks Bob

From: John W. Vinson on
On Fri, 9 Apr 2010 18:44:26 +1200, "Bob Vance" <rjvance(a)ihug.co.nz> wrote:

>Ok No luck there can i force a text box to show Clients Name and make the
>combo box not visible?

Bob, this is making NO SENSE AT ALL.

Of what earthly good would a combo box be if you couldn't see it!??

There are forms in every real Access database ever built using combo boxes to
show data. There's something you're not telling us, or not doing correctly.
It's like pulling teeth to get any details out of you. This is a *very simple
problem* and somehow we've spent a month making it into a monstrously
difficult one.

Rereading the messages, you posted:

ClientID (Number)
LastName (Text)
FirstName (Text)

> using your own fieldnames.
>
> 2. What Query did you use for the rowsource? Please open the query in SQL
> view
> and copy and paste the entire SQL to a message here.

SELECT tblOwnerInfo.OwnerID,
IIf(IsNull(tblOwnerInfo.OwnerLastName),'',tblOwnerInfo.OwnerLastName & ', ')
& " " &
IIf(IsNull(tblOwnerInfo.OwnerFirstName),'',tblOwnerInfo.OwnerFirstName) AS
ClientName, tblOwnerInfo.OwnerFirstName, tblOwnerInfo.OwnerLastName,
tblOwnerInfo.Status
FROM tblOwnerInfo
ORDER BY
IIf(IsNull(tblOwnerInfo.OwnerLastName),'',tblOwnerInfo.OwnerLastName & ', ')
& " " &
IIf(IsNull(tblOwnerInfo.OwnerFirstName),'',tblOwnerInfo.OwnerFirstName);

So you have *some* table with fields named ClientID, LastName and FirstName.
YOu have some *OTHER* table with fields OwnerID, OwnerLastName and
OwnerFirstName.

Are these two redundant tables with the same data?
Does the first table contain Dobbie's first and last name, and the other table
only the last name?
Are you posting incorrect and misleading information about your database?
Do you understand what's even IN your database?????

--

John W. Vinson [MVP]
From: Bob Vance on
Sorry John , there is no such thing as ClientID its OwnerID which is a
number field, It is Frustrating because what I have done is correct, because
every time I open my form and move the combo box size and select F5 the
combo box is Correct with both names but when I go to save it I get that
error message each time
Regards Bob Vance
I did try making a new form!

From: Bob Vance on
Thanks Guys Fixed It :) Commered out these 2 codes Regards Bob

'cbOwnerName.RowSource = .Fields("OwnerID") & ";" & .Fields("OwnerName")

'If CurrentProject.AllForms("frmActiveHorses").IsLoaded = True Then
'cbOwnerName.value = Form_frmActiveHorses.cboClient.value
'End If

First  |  Prev  |
Pages: 1 2 3 4
Prev: excel 2000