Prev: excel 2000
Next: Raymond
From: Bob Vance on
Thanks John , I have tried that many times, I just get error after error by
making the query the row source this is one of my errors
cbOwnerName.value = Form_frmModifyInvoiceClient.lstModify.value
and still only shows Dobbie in the combo box, I will give up on this one
thanks Bob

From: Steve on
Bob,

Did you try what I suggested?

Steve

From: John W. Vinson on
On Wed, 7 Apr 2010 18:55:15 +1200, "Bob Vance" <rjvance(a)ihug.co.nz> wrote:

>Thanks John , I have tried that many times, I just get error after error by
>making the query the row source this is one of my errors
>cbOwnerName.value = Form_frmModifyInvoiceClient.lstModify.value
>and still only shows Dobbie in the combo box, I will give up on this one
>thanks Bob

Bob, if you would actually USE the advice that Steve and I are offering, you
would not have this problem.

Frankly, it's getting very frustrating - you don't answer our questions and
you clearly are not following our advice. I'll try once more. Please answer
the following questions:

1. What is the structure of your table of names? What are the fieldnames and
datatypes? Please list them in the format

PersonID Autonumber Primary Key
LastName Text
FirstName Text

using your own fieldnames.

2. What Query did you use for the rowsource? Please open the query in SQL view
and copy and paste the entire SQL to a message here.

3. You say you got lots of errors. WHAT ERRORS? "Doctor, I don't feel good,
what should I take?" isn't going to get a good diagnosis.

4. You post a line of code out of context. Please post the complete VBA code
and indicate what the various controls do.

5. Did you *try* concatenating the first and last names into a calculated
field in the query, as both Steve and I suggested? Again:

SELECT PersonID, [LastName] & ", " & [FirstName] FROM PEOPLE ORDER BY
LastName, FirstName;

--

John W. Vinson [MVP]
From: John W. Vinson on
On Thu, 8 Apr 2010 12:59:44 +1200, "Bob Vance" <rjvance(a)ihug.co.nz> wrote:

>I did I change the Row Sourse to my Query,Type to Table/Query, No Control
>Source
>Bound Column 1, Column Count 2 and 0cm;2.54cm my Columns to no avail
>Regards Bob

Try simplifying the query to

SELECT tblOwnerInfo.OwnerID, ([OwnerLastName] + ", ") & [OwnerFirstName]
AS ClientName
FROM tblOwnerInfo
ORDER BY OwnerLastName,OwnerFirstName;

and doublecheck that Dobbie in fact does have a first name in the table.
--

John W. Vinson [MVP]
From: John W. Vinson on
On Fri, 9 Apr 2010 10:20:39 +1200, "Bob Vance" <rjvance(a)ihug.co.nz> wrote:

>Thanks Guys, When I drag the combo box out on Design view I can see then
>click Form View I see Dobbie,Chris but when i go to save from I am getting
>this error "Item cannot be found in the collection corresponding to the
>requeste name or ordinal" and it goes back to just Dobbie
>Thanks Bob

Sounds like the form has become (or is becoming) corrupt, possibly because
you've been trying so many things.

Make sure that Name Autocorrect is turned OFF (it can mess things up), create
a new, empty form, and copy and paste all the controls except this combo box
onto it. Delete the original form; compact and repair the database, and
recreate this combo, and see if that restores functionality.
--

John W. Vinson [MVP]
First  |  Prev  |  Next  |  Last