From: John Braner on
On 25/03/2010 17:12, Phoenix wrote:

> Interesting. I'd been using cmd from the start menu or a shortcut.

Me too - I've never seen this before. I'd just click on run and type "cmd". Or have a shortcut for
cmd over in the apps menu.

--
===========
John Braner

jbraner(a)NOblueyonderSPAM.co.uk
http://cdbaby.com/cd/JohnBraner
http://www.soundclick.com/johnbraner
From: Bob Donald on
Yeah Steve, it is, but it's a pain to have to leave the structure your in to
open it, as well as I absolutely HATE the start button, and I could easily
junk up the taskbar with all the pinned items I would like to have handy.

From: Here In Oregon on

"Glennbo" > I'm not talking about the link to a command prompt in the start
menu. I
> was referring to the context "Right Click" menu. Try this. Open
> "Computer", double click drive C:. Now, point to some folder and right
> click. There is no option to "Open command window here".
>
> Now, do the same exact thing again, but hold "shift" before right
> clicking, and you will see several options that were previously hidden on
> that menu, including "Open command window here".

What I do is Start> and that little box that says search programs and files
is your best friend for finding anything on a Windows 7 machine. Type
anything in there and you will find out everything you ever wanted to know
on your computer or how to get there. So hit Start> and type in "command
prompt" and hit enter,... voila. There it is.

From: Here In Oregon on

"Glennbo" <>
> That won't open a command window such that it is already CD'd six levels
> of
> folders deep, like shift|right clicking a folder in Explorer that's six
> levels deep.

Oh yeah you are one of those smart people that I forgot to mention.

From: Steve L. on

> I'm not talking about the link to a command prompt in the start menu.
> I was referring to the context "Right Click" menu. Try this. Open
> "Computer", double click drive C:. Now, point to some folder and
> right click. There is no option to "Open command window here".
>
> Now, do the same exact thing again, but hold "shift" before right
> clicking, and you will see several options that were previously hidden
> on that menu, including "Open command window here".

ah ok ... yeah I did try that ... cool news