From: Macintosh Dragon on
Hello everyone! A couple of updates so here's a current list!

Thanks!

Douglas

:)

Commercial Commodore 128 Specific Software/Hardware - (6/14/2006)

Miscellaneous Productivity
-----------------------------------
Brainstorm 128
BrainPower
Family Roots 128
Format Executive 3.0
Hack-Pack
Home Designer 128
I am the C128
Landmark 2.0: The Computer Reference Bible
Many Happy Returns
News Maker 128
PPM 128
Sideways 128
Tarot 128
Team-Mate 128

Spreadsheet
-----------------------------------
Multiplan
Pocket Planner 2
Pocket Planner 3
Superscript 128
Swiftcalc 128
SwiftSheet 128
VizaStar 128

Database
-----------------------------------
Data Manager 128
Data Master 128
DFile 128
File 128
Flex File 128 Database
Mail List 128
Paperback Filer 128
Pocket Filer 2
Pocket Filer 3
Record Master 128
Superbase 128
Wordfile 128

BBS - Online
-----------------------------------
Bobsterm Pro 128
CBase BBS
C-Net 128
Desterm - shareware
Dialogue 128 - shareware
Dragonfire BBS
EBBS 128
PROLOG
Proterm 128 - shareware
Protolinc BBS
Speedterm 128
Spicenet 128
UltraTerm III - shareware

Disk Utility
-----------------------------------
1541/1571 Drive Alignment
1571 Clone Machine
1571 Physical Exam
Big Blue Reader
C128 Cannon
Copy II Version 3.4
FasTrac 128
RAMDOS
Super 81 Utilities 128
Super Disk Librarian 128
Super Disk Utilities 128

Audio
-----------------------------------
Craig Chamberlain's Enhanced Sidplayer (Compute!)
Digitalker 128
Guitar Tuner
Keyboard Controlled Sequencer
Rhapsody 128
Rhythm King 128
Super Sequencer 128

Graphics
-----------------------------------
3-D Canvas v1.7
CadPak 128
Colorez 128
Graph Master
Ipaint
Master Paint
MicroIllustrator 128
Poster Maker 128
Sketchpad 128
Spectrum 128
Star Painter
T.H.I.S.

Programming - Languages & Utilities
-----------------------------------
BASICally SIMPLE 128
Basic 7.0 Utilities
Basic 8
Basic 8 Toolkit
Basic Compiler 128
Blitz 128
Buddy 128 Assembler Development System
C128 Developers Package (From Commodore)
C128 Helper
COBOL 128
CP/M Kit
Freedom Assembler
Gnome Kit
Gnome Speed Compiler 128
Kyan Pascal
Matrix 128
Merlin 128
Micro Detective Automatic Error Detection
Oxford Pascal 128
Peek a Byte 128
Petspeed 128
Rebel Assembler
ShadowDOS
SM Compiler 128
Super C 128
Super Pascal 128
TSDS (Total Software Development System)
XREF BASIC Cross Reference

Accounting & Financial
-----------------------------------
?Book
Accountant, Inc. 128
Business Form Shop
Cash In-Cash Out
ChartPak 128
CMS General Accounting 128
CMS Inventory 128
KFS Accountant 128
KFS Accountant with Retail-Inventory Package
Money Works
Personal Portfolio Manager 128
Pro Tutor Accounting
SEC Check Register 128
Securities Analyst 128
Sylvia Porter's Investment Manager 128
Tax Advantage (Various Years)
Taxware 128
Technical Analysis System 128
The Strategist
TISAR 128 V2.2

GEOS Environment
-----------------------------------
DeskPack Plus
FontPack Plus
GEOS 128
GEOS 128 v 2.0
GEOS MegaPatch 3 128
Geo-Calc 128
Geo-Fax
Geo-File 128
Geo-Publish
Geo-Shell
Geo-Write 128
Wheels 128

Word Processing
-----------------------------------
Better Working WordPro 128
Fleet System 4
Fontmaster 128
Ghostwriter 128
Jane
Paperback Writer 128
Paperclip 128
Paperclip III
Pocket Writer 2
Pocket Writer 3
StoryWriter 128
Term Paper Writer
VizaWrite 128
Word Pro 128
Word Writer 128
Word Worker
Write Stuff 128
Write Stuff v2.0

Entertainment
-----------------------------------
A Mind Forever Voyaging
Bureaucracy
Beyond Zork
Hitchhickers Guide to the Galaxy (Solid Gold Re-Release) *
Kikstart 128
Last V8 128
Maidstone Quest
Nord & Bert Couldn't Make Heads or Tails *
Rocky Horror Show
Sherlock: The Riddle of the Crown Jewels *
Space Pirates 128
Starship Battles 128
Thai Boxing 128
Trinity
Ultima V
Wheel & Deal 128
Zork I (Solid Gold Re-Release) *
Zork the Undiscovered Underground *

* denotes that later versions will run in 80 column 128 mode.

C-128 Specific Hardware (128 mode ONLY)
-----------------------------------
Quicksilver 128 (will work in 64 mode also)
SuperCPU 128
64K Video RAM Upgrade Board

KERNAL ROM Replacements
-----------------------------------
C-128 FLASH!
C-128 Burst-ROM
JiffyDos
RapiDOS
Super Chips

ROM Cartridges
-----------------------------------
C-128 COMAL
Mach 128
Partner 128
Super Snapshot
Warp Speed

ROM's that are available for the empty socket in the 128 & Commodore RAM
Expansion
-----------------------------------
Basic 8
GEOS 128 v2.0
KeyDOS ROM
Super "C" Chip
TASM Assembler
The Servant

** Programs that are enhanced when run on a Commodore 128 in C64 Mode **
-----------------------------------
1581 Toolkit
Alleykat
Elite 128 (enhanced version of commercial release)
Flight Simulator II (With patch 20%-25% frame rate increase)
Gunship
HyperLink 2.5e
Intensity
Maverick
Morpheus
Novaterm
Paradroid Turbo
Project Stealth Fighter
Qix!
Stealth Mission
Test Drive II
Uridium Plus
Wizardry 1,2,3,5
From: yock1960 on
On Jun 14, 11:38 pm, Macintosh Dragon <s...(a)you.net> wrote:
> [...]
>
> Word Processing
> -----------------------------------
> Better Working WordPro 128
> Fleet System 4
> Fontmaster 128
> Ghostwriter 128
> Jane
> Paperback Writer 128
> Paperclip 128
> Paperclip III
> Pocket Writer 2
> Pocket Writer 3
> StoryWriter 128
> Term Paper Writer
> VizaWrite 128
> Word Pro 128
> Word Writer 128
> Word Worker
> Write Stuff 128
> Write Stuff v2.0
>
> Entertainment
> -----------------------------------
> A Mind Forever Voyaging
> Bureaucracy
> Beyond Zork
> Hitchhickers Guide to the Galaxy (Solid Gold Re-Release) *
> Kikstart 128
> Last V8 128
> Maidstone Quest
> Nord & Bert Couldn't Make Heads or Tails *
> Rocky Horror Show
> Sherlock: The Riddle of the Crown Jewels *
> Space Pirates 128
> Starship Battles 128
> Thai Boxing 128
> Trinity
> Ultima V
> Wheel & Deal 128
> Zork I (Solid Gold Re-Release) *
> Zork the Undiscovered Underground *
>
> * denotes that later versions will run in 80 column 128 mode.
>
> C-128 Specific Hardware (128 mode ONLY)
> -----------------------------------
> Quicksilver 128 (will work in 64 mode also)
> SuperCPU 128
> 64K Video RAM Upgrade Board
>
> KERNAL ROM Replacements
> -----------------------------------
> C-128 FLASH!
> C-128 Burst-ROM
> JiffyDos
> RapiDOS
> Super Chips
>
> ROM Cartridges
> -----------------------------------
> C-128 COMAL
> Mach 128
> Partner 128
> Super Snapshot
> Warp Speed
>
> ROM's that are available for the empty socket in the 128 & Commodore RAM
> Expansion
> -----------------------------------
> Basic 8
> GEOS 128 v2.0
> KeyDOS ROM
> Super "C" Chip
> TASM Assembler
> The Servant
>
> ** Programs that are enhanced when run on a Commodore 128 in C64 Mode **
> -----------------------------------
> 1581 Toolkit
> Alleykat
> Elite 128 (enhanced version of commercial release)
> Flight Simulator II (With patch 20%-25% frame rate increase)

I don't see Power C 128 on the list.

From: Macintosh Dragon on

> I don't see Power C 128 on the list.

Is this a different program from "Super C 128"? If so, I will add it!

Thanks!!

Douglas

:)
From: rebocardo on
Yes, Power C 128 is different and some might say superior to Super C 128.

Maidstone Quest is a BASIC 8 game - only runs n 80 column mode **.

Missing IPORT.

The Landmark Series (GEOS) was basically a desktop replacement enhanced for
the C-128.

What about DevPak128 by Commodore?

Isn't there a more complete list I saw floating around earlier? I would say
you are missing probably 16 packages as a minimum.

From: rusure on
On Jun 15, 6:57 pm, "rebocardo" <reboca...(a)treegone.com> wrote:
> Yes, Power C 128 is different and some
> might say superior to Super C 128.

I have owned both and both had their advantages. My version of POWER
C may have been an early edition because graphics statements were not
part of the POWER C instruction set. My edition of POWER C was
bundled with BUDDY but I don't know if or how assembly and C source
code could be combined. SUPER C is an ABACUSE product. I don't know
if a SUPER C