From: David Youngblood on
"Leo" <ttdhead(a)gmail.com> wrote...
> It happens that Helmut Meukel formulated :
>> "Leo" <ttdhead(a)gmail.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
>>> Dee Earley pretended :

>>> The colour of the tab page background does not get set to the right one
>>> and under XP it is a gradient. I want to be able to get its background
>>> to be the right colour/gradient.
>>>

>> Hmmm,
>>
>> the right one?
>> Look into the properties of the Tab control. The default setting
>> for BackgroundColor is the symbolic constant "Buttonface",
>> same as for the form.
>> Has your form the "right" background color?
>>
>> Helmut.
>
> Under Windows 77 the background should be white including the top of the
> selected tab with the other tabs being a rounded grey colour. So I am not
> sure what colours to try if it's that.

Which tab control are you using? The version 6 windows common controls are
not themed. You need to use the version 5 control (comctl32.ocx) to get a
themed tab control.

From: Leo on
David Youngblood explained on 31/05/2010 :
> "Leo" <ttdhead(a)gmail.com> wrote...
>> It happens that Helmut Meukel formulated :
>>> "Leo" <ttdhead(a)gmail.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag

>>> Hmmm,
>>>
>>> the right one?
>>> Look into the properties of the Tab control. The default setting
>>> for BackgroundColor is the symbolic constant "Buttonface",
>>> same as for the form.
>>> Has your form the "right" background color?
>>>
>>> Helmut.
>>
>> Under Windows 77 the background should be white including the top of the
>> selected tab with the other tabs being a rounded grey colour. So I am not
>> sure what colours to try if it's that.
>
> Which tab control are you using? The version 6 windows common controls are
> not themed. You need to use the version 5 control (comctl32.ocx) to get a
> themed tab control.

I am using Version 5 of the control

From: Leo on
Leo used his keyboard to write :
> David Youngblood explained on 31/05/2010 :
>> "Leo" <ttdhead(a)gmail.com> wrote...
>>> It happens that Helmut Meukel formulated :

>>> Under Windows 77 the background should be white including the top of the
>>> selected tab with the other tabs being a rounded grey colour. So I am not
>>> sure what colours to try if it's that.
>>
>> Which tab control are you using? The version 6 windows common controls are
>> not themed. You need to use the version 5 control (comctl32.ocx) to get a
>> themed tab control.
>
> I am using Version 5 of the control

More testing shows that the top of the tabs are themed, but the tab
page is not. So I am looking for the best way to get the backcolour set
to the correct one for the OS?

From: David Youngblood on
"Leo" <ttdhead(a)gmail.com> wrote in message
> Leo used his keyboard to write :
>> David Youngblood explained on 31/05/2010 :
>>> "Leo" <ttdhead(a)gmail.com> wrote...
>>>
>>> Which tab control are you using? The version 6 windows common controls
>>> are not themed. You need to use the version 5 control (comctl32.ocx) to
>>> get a themed tab control.
>>
>> I am using Version 5 of the control
>
> More testing shows that the top of the tabs are themed, but the tab page
> is not. So I am looking for the best way to get the backcolour set to the
> correct one for the OS?

Are you using a cointaner control for each page, such as a picturebox. You
will need to draw a gradient fill on the container to match the tab's
background . You will also need to set the backcolor of any checkbox and
option button controls to match the background. Below are the colors I use.
Note that this does not match all themes correctly (silver has a wearthered
look), but using these colors looks decent on the MS themes that I've
tested.

Private Const GRADIENT_COLOR1 As Long = &HFEFCFC
Private Const GRADIENT_COLOR2 As Long = &HEEF3F4
Private Const CHECKBOX_COLOR1 As Long = &HF3F6F6
Private Const CHECKBOX_COLOR2 As Long = &HF2F5F6
Private Const CHECKBOX_COLOR3 As Long = &HF1F5F5

From: Leo on
It happens that David Youngblood formulated :
> "Leo" <ttdhead(a)gmail.com> wrote in message
>> Leo used his keyboard to write :
>>> David Youngblood explained on 31/05/2010 :

>>> I am using Version 5 of the control
>>
>> More testing shows that the top of the tabs are themed, but the tab page is
>> not. So I am looking for the best way to get the backcolour set to the
>> correct one for the OS?
>
> Are you using a cointaner control for each page, such as a picturebox. You
> will need to draw a gradient fill on the container to match the tab's
> background . You will also need to set the backcolor of any checkbox and
> option button controls to match the background. Below are the colors I use.
> Note that this does not match all themes correctly (silver has a wearthered
> look), but using these colors looks decent on the MS themes that I've tested.
>
> Private Const GRADIENT_COLOR1 As Long = &HFEFCFC
> Private Const GRADIENT_COLOR2 As Long = &HEEF3F4
> Private Const CHECKBOX_COLOR1 As Long = &HF3F6F6
> Private Const CHECKBOX_COLOR2 As Long = &HF2F5F6
> Private Const CHECKBOX_COLOR3 As Long = &HF1F5F5

I am currently using a frame with no visible caption.