From: jkullgren on

Good morning,

We're switching over from a single developer model to a multi developer
model for MS Project Server 2007. One concern is being able to compare
the differences in configurations between development/test/production
systems. For example, I've created a new Enterprise Custom Field on my
development system and didn't make a note of it to recreate it in a test
system. Is there a way to compare the systems to see any differences?
I would assume we could compare the sql tables.

Does anyone have any recommendations?

Thanks,
Jonathan

--
jkullgren
jkullgren's Profile: http://forums.techarena.in/members/221713.htm

http://forums.techarena.in

From: John on
In article <jkullgren.4b5wxc(a)DoNotSpam.com>,
jkullgren <jkullgren.4b5wxc(a)DoNotSpam.com> wrote:

> Good morning,
>
> We're switching over from a single developer model to a multi developer
> model for MS Project Server 2007. One concern is being able to compare
> the differences in configurations between development/test/production
> systems. For example, I've created a new Enterprise Custom Field on my
> development system and didn't make a note of it to recreate it in a test
> system. Is there a way to compare the systems to see any differences?
> I would assume we could compare the sql tables.
>
> Does anyone have any recommendations?
>
> Thanks,
> Jonathan

Jonathan,
You'll probably get a better answer if you post to our sister newsgroup,
microsoft.public.project.server. This newsgroup is dedicated to
questions/issues on the stand alone versions of Project.

John
Project MVP