From: Christopher Muto on
W wrote:
> Dell web site takes down the specs for old models which is why I wrote here.

that is not the case. visit www.dell.com, click technical support,
click small business (or home, or whatever), click manuals, click select
model, click desktops, then precision, then the model...
dell precision t7400
http://support.dell.com/support/edocs/systems/wsT7400/en/UG/html/index.htm
dell precision t7500
http://support.dell.com/support/edocs/systems/wsT7500/en/sfits/sfits_en.pdf
the big difference between the two machines is the chiset and related
processors used. the t7400 has the intel 5400 chipset and use the xenon
dual core or quade core 5400 series processors. the t7500 has the intel
5500 chipset and use the xenon dual core or quade core 5500 series
processors.
good information on the differences found here...
http://www.intel.com/p/en_US/products/server/processor/xeon5000
From: W on
"Christopher Muto" <muto(a)worldnet.att.net> wrote in message
> W wrote:
> > Dell web site takes down the specs for old models which is why I wrote
here.

> that is not the case. visit www.dell.com, click technical support,
> click small business (or home, or whatever), click manuals, click select
> model, click desktops, then precision, then the model...
> dell precision t7400
> http://support.dell.com/support/edocs/systems/wsT7400/en/UG/html/index.htm
> dell precision t7500

http://support.dell.com/support/edocs/systems/wsT7500/en/sfits/sfits_en.pdf
> the big difference between the two machines is the chiset and related
> processors used. the t7400 has the intel 5400 chipset and use the xenon
> dual core or quade core 5400 series processors. the t7500 has the intel
> 5500 chipset and use the xenon dual core or quade core 5500 series
> processors.
> good information on the differences found here...
> http://www.intel.com/p/en_US/products/server/processor/xeon5000

Thanks much.

Should we expect much performance improvement from the QPI interface that
replaces front side bus (FSB)?