From: Star on
On Sat, 27 Mar 2010 16:44:13 -0400, Tony Harding
<tharding(a)newsguy.com> wrote:

>Something got me to wondering recently about M$'s once highly touted Win
>FS (see URL after post). Going from memory (mine, that is, not the XPS
>9000's DDR3 <g>), it garnered a lot of press until M$ decided to
>"decommit" from Vista. Well, Vista's successor, Win7, is here (and which
>I like); but no mention of Win FS. Any one else wonder about this, or
>have any scuttlebutt on it?
>
>TIA,
>Tony
>
>http://www.zdnet.co.uk/reviews/desktop-os/2007/01/03/a-quick-guide-to-windows-vistas-new-file-system-39285313/

What I thought was great about the article was the first sentence
about HDD on current system being 200G. This was Jan 2007.
Times they are a changing.
As to what happened to the Win FS my best guess is that because of
the problems I have had with disk software since Vista the FS is no
longer a nice NTFS anymore and has hooks built into it to allow MS to
continue to play around with yet another database.
MS seems to love database software what with Outlook Express the
registery, search in windows add inf.
I am sure MS is still playing with the Win FS.

Art

From: Ben Myers on
On 3/27/2010 6:13 PM, Tony Harding wrote:
> Something got me to wondering recently about M$'s once highly touted Win
> FS (see URL after post). Going from memory (mine, that is, not the XPS
> 9000's DDR3 <g>), it garnered a lot of press until M$ decided to
> "decommit" from Vista. Well, Vista's successor, Win7, is here (and which
> I like); but no mention of Win FS.

Win FS ??? Still more vaporware... Ben Myers