From: Bob Wang on
Oh well, it worked for one download.
Now I get [OL-393-A] errors.
From: R. C. White on
Hi, Bob.

It's still working for me. ;<)

I ran OSU a couple of times yesterday, just to be sure. And this morning,
it worked without a hiccup.

My passwords - for Compass and other banks and credit cards - are stored on
my computer in Quicken's Password Vault, so I furnish the one Vault password
and then wait (and maybe watch) while all the accounts are downloaded.

RC
--
R. C. White, CPA
San Marcos, TX

From: Bob Wang on
R. C.:
I'm still getting the [OL-393-A] errors.
It's OK, I never even knew downloads were available till 2 days ago, so I
haven't lost anything ;-)
Bob

From: dbellview on
dbellview had written this in response to
http://www.rockryno.com/quicken/Re-Compass-Bank-s-Frustrating-Message-22508-.htm
:
Hi Mr. White,

I'm so happy to hear that it is working and again apologize for our lack
of proper communication.

We will use your experience in improving how we communicate to our
customers when there is a known issue or outage. Or at least quickly
respond once a customer has identified an issue and brings it to our
attention as you did.

Should you require further assistance, please do not hesitate to contact
me directly at 512-421-6990.

Sincerely,

Donna Bellview
Client Relations
BBVA Compass

-------------------------------------
R. C. White wrote:

> Hi, Ms. Bellview.

> YES! It's working now!

> It failed on my first attempt this morning, but worked properly a few
> hours
> later. I meant to post a SUCCESS! message here before now, but was
> busy.
> And I wanted to try One Step Update again to be sure that it really was

> fixed.

> While all of us who have worked with computers understand that glitches

> happen, this one was especially frustrating because:

> 1. The message popped up four times in each session and delayed
> progress
> each time until we clicked OK again.

> 2. The first messages started popping up about 5 days before the
> first
> scheduled maintenance (May 15th), which would have produced several
> days of
> irritation even if the schedule had been met.

> 3. The first message continued for a few days after May 15th.

> 4. Then the second message began to appear, forecasting the May 23
> outage.

> 5. Finally, the second message continued until today, June 3rd, 11
> days
> after May 23rd.

> And not until today did we receive any confirmation that the problem
> was
> known to Compass or that any progress was being made toward resolution.

> (Thus my comparison to BP's response to the oil spill problem - but BP
> did,
> at least, communicate.)

> Thank you very much for getting this problem fixed.

> RC

Newsgroup Access Courtesy http://www.rockryno.com/
Tax and Accounting Software Forums
alt.comp.software.financial.quicken - 21908 messages and counting!
From: Bob Wang on
Workaround for the [OL-393-A] error for me is to uncheck "Bring my payment
information up to date"

http://i159.photobucket.com/albums/t131/BobWangPhotos/CompassBankWorkaround.jpg