From: matt on
Aron,

I know this information is a little late, but what you have seen is
predictable and expected Toolbox behavior. I'm not obsessed with
paranoia about upgrades, it just takes a little information to upgrade
successfully, but I have done some research on Toolbox.

Toolbox is designed to work in the way you observed. I have written
about this many times on this newsgroup, and my website has some
articles posted on this topic.

The short solution to your problem would have been to write down the
configs you needed, exit out of the assembly open command without
saving, and then go into your new Toolbox and create those size
fasteners, and then re-open the assembly, and it should have come in
perfectly. Of course you would have the same problem again the next
assembly you opened that had different fasteners in it, so what you
wound up doing in the end was what you should have done in the beginning.

Anyway, read my stuff, and be careful with toolbox.

matt
http://mysite.verizon.net/mjlombard/

Aron (bacsdesign.com) wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I just uninstalled SW2006, SP5.0 and installed SW 2007, SP0.0 (then updated
> to SP2.2) and have tried to open a few parts, and am getting the following
> errors...

> [SolidWorks] <-- message box with blue "cloud" exclamation point
>
> The following component configuration could not be found.
>
> Flush Stud_PMI-1: PEM FH-632-6 X--N
> Flush Stud_PMI-2: PEM FH-632-6 X--N
> Flush Stud_PMI-3: PEM FH-632-6 X--N
> Flush Stud_PMI-4: PEM FH-632-6 X--N
>
> If the configuration was renamed the same configuration will be used,
> otherwise the last active configuration will be substituted in each
> instance.
>
> [OK]
>
> I clicked OK, then got...

> [SolidWorks] <-- message box with blue "cloud" exclamation point (same type
> of message box as before)
>
> The following documents will be converted when saved:
>
> Bill Cover Front.SLDASM
> Bill Cover Front.SLDPRT
>
> [OK]
>
> Now, I know I have 4 Flush PEMs in the assembly (it was fine in 2006, SP5.0)
> and the assembly was made of the parts above... Bill Cover...
>
> Why is this happening, and how do I fix it?
>
> I have thousands of assemblies and parts here on my system, If Right Click,
> I cannot "Edit Toolbox Configuration" because it is grayed out...
>
> Help Please, this is a real problem I have drawings to get out early Monday
> and was trying to get a jump on things this weekend.
>
> Thank You for any assistance please,
>
> Aron

First  |  Prev  |
Pages: 1 2 3