From: Ken Blake, MVP on
On Mon, 01 Mar 2010 07:27:45 -0600, Antares 531
<gordonlrDELETE(a)swbell.net> wrote:

> How long should the CMOS battery last.

There's no answer to that question. Some last longer and some last
less time.

> This one was installed in the
> motherboard when I bought it in November 2007. It may have been
> installed quite a while before I bought the motherboard, if this item
> laid on the shelf somewhere.

Exactly! And that's one of the reasons you can not predict how long it
will last.

> I'm thinking it would be prudent to start with the small things like
> the CMOS battery and if that doesn't produce any improvement, move on
> to something else.

Your systems don't at all sound to me like the battery needs
replacing, but on the other hand a new battery is inexpensive and easy
to replace. So there's almost no downside to trying it.

Please Reply to the Newsgroup
First  |  Prev  |
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5
Prev: Grouping }:(