From: Victor on
I set a text box for conditional formatting based on a check box (no check
- normal, checked- bold, red bg, yellow font). I did this to 6 text boxes
(based on 6 check boxes).
This is the code I used:
[Check183].Value=-1

The first time I did one box, it worked, when I coded the other 5, I got
some out of memory error and could not open up the form again. Luckily, I
had a backup (that i created right before playing with this). When I did
one, it didn't work, nor all 6, but it didn't give me the memory error.

Any ideas?

Vic
From: Marshall Barton on
Victor wrote:

>I set a text box for conditional formatting based on a check box (no check
>- normal, checked- bold, red bg, yellow font). I did this to 6 text boxes
>(based on 6 check boxes).
>This is the code I used:
>[Check183].Value=-1
>
>The first time I did one box, it worked, when I coded the other 5, I got
>some out of memory error and could not open up the form again. Luckily, I
>had a backup (that i created right before playing with this). When I did
>one, it didn't work, nor all 6, but it didn't give me the memory error.

I would expect [Check183] = -1 to work IF you are using the
Expression Is option.

If it doesn't, I suspect your form is corrupted. Try
creating a new blank database, set all it's options as
needed (especially that Name Auto Correct is OFF), and then
import everything from the problem database.

--
Marsh
MVP [MS Access]
From: Victor on
Thank you so much. I don't know why it worked the first time (this morning)
with [Check183].Value=-1

Quick question, why does it do the formating if = -1, not 1 (yes or
checked)?
May help me in the future :)

Thanks again

Marshall Barton <marshbarton(a)wowway.com> wrote in

From: John W. Vinson on
On 07 May 2010 02:10:45 GMT, Victor <not(a)home.com> wrote:

>Quick question, why does it do the formating if = -1, not 1 (yes or
>checked)?

In an Access JET/ACE backend, a Yes/No field is in fact stored as -1 for Yes,
0 for No.

If the backend is SQL/Server it's possible (but not obligatory) that the field
is a BIT field, with 1 being Yes and 0 being No.
--

John W. Vinson [MVP]
From: Victor on
Very weird. I coded it as was advised [Check183]=-1 for EXPRESSION IS.
It worked. When I reopened the db up later to do some more work, it doesn't
work now, but the coding for the CF is still there.
????? Can't figure this one.

John W. Vinson <jvinson(a)STOP_SPAM.WysardOfInfo.com> wrote in