From: Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook] on
"Neil McRae" <Neil.McRae.4be11y(a)outlookforums.invalid> wrote in message

> So I contacted Iweb, they then responded and told me to click the link
> in the Mail section of my Panelbox that says "Auto-Configure Microsoft
> Outlook Express. for IMAP Access." I opened the register file and
> allowed it to change my Windows registry. The problem is now solved and
> I'm able to receive messages once again that are sent to my account
> activated through the domain at my webpage, though yesterday however all
> incoming mail to that account was appearing in the "Unread Mail" folder
> instead of in the same folder where messages sent to my IDP address are
> delivered. Messages to my IDP address deliver to the "Inbox" folder that
> I have selected in the screenshot below. And then today, all messages
> coming to my account on Iweb's server are appearing in
> _the_folder_that_is_shown_expanded_ (neil(a)stuntsillusion.com > Inbox >
> neil(a)stuntsillusion.com) in the same screenshot.
> Strange.

First, little you can change in the registry that is geared toward Outlook
Express will have any impact on Outlook.

The "Unread Mail" folder is not a real folder, it's a search context. New
messages in ANY mail folder in the same data store as the Unread Mail folder
will be listed and the "In Folder" column of the view will tell you what
folder it's in.

IMAP accounts always have their own folder sets. If the stuntsillusion
account is an IMAP account, it will have its own folders that reflect the
server's contents.
--
Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook]

From: Neil McRae on

> Originally posted by *Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook]*
> First, little you can change in the registry that is geared toward
> Outlook
> Express will have any impact on Outlook.

Well, I clicked on the link to "Auto-Configure Outlook Express" after
Iweb told me to do so. And then I still wasn't receiving any new
messages to that account so I added a reponse to my support ticket with
Iweb letting them know that the instructions they gave me didn't help.
Now, what was strange was that E-mails sent to neil(a)stuntsillusion.com
started to appear in the "Unread Mail" folder a couple hours later. So I
then had to cancel the reponse I just added to my support ticket and let
Iweb know that I thought the problem had been solved.

> Originally posted by *Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook]*
> The "Unread Mail" folder is not a real folder, it's a search context...

That's where my incoming mails to the stuntsillusion account were
appearing a couple hours after I opened the register file and allowed it
to configure Outlook for me. And I forgot to mention in the last reponse
I posted here, by the way, that I did check the "Unread Mail" folder
immediately after letting the register file configure Outlook but
nothing had started to appear there for a while so this was when I added
my reponse to my support ticket with Iweb. Anyway, new messages no
longer appeared in "Unread Mail" folder the next day. Instead, they
would now appear at the following:
neil(a)stuntsillusion.com > Inbox > neil(a)stuntsillusion.com
All of these weird little things about "Outlook 2007" are new for me
after upgrading from XP.

> Originally posted by Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook]
> IMAP accounts always have their own folder sets. *If the
> stuntsillusion
> account is an IMAP account*...

Or maybe it was a POP3 account, I don't remember myself (though I
thought it was an IMAP account) but I would tell you for sure if I could
boot up on my old PC and view my Outlook settings. I can't, however,
because the motherboard in that system had went. And that motherboard is
no longer manufactured so I was forced to buy a new PC. I wasn't ready
to upgrade just yet and I wouldn't have bothered you or Iweb about this
if I was able to still use my Pentium4 with "Outlook XP."

View this thread: http://www.outlookforums.com/showthread.php?t=44656

http://www.outlookforums.com

From: Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook] on
"Neil McRae" <Neil.McRae.4bhoja(a)outlookforums.invalid> wrote in message

> Or maybe it was a POP3 account, I don't remember myself (though I
> thought it was an IMAP account) but I would tell you for sure if I could
> boot up on my old PC and view my Outlook settings. I can't, however,
> because the motherboard in that system had went. And that motherboard is
> no longer manufactured so I was forced to buy a new PC. I wasn't ready
> to upgrade just yet and I wouldn't have bothered you or Iweb about this
> if I was able to still use my Pentium4 with "Outlook XP."

If all that you describe were happening to me, I'd start over with a new mail
profile and double-check everything as I configured that profile, adding only
the types and number of accounts that I know I wanted. I also would not let
Outlook autoconfigure the accounts, but do it manually using the instructions
from the mail provider.

If that doesn't work for you, I'm stumped and I hope someone else can help.
--
Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook]

From: Neil McRae on

> Originally posted by *Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook]*
> If all that you describe were happening to me, I'd start over with a
> new mail profile and double-check everything as I configured that
> profile...

If I delete my stuntsillusion account and then try to recreate it by
clicking "Add a New Email Account" from my Mail section in Panelbox, I
don't get asked anytime during the process to specifiy whether I want to
create a POP3 or an IMAP E-mail account. Instead, all I'm asked to do
after I click the link that says "Add a New Email Account" is:

� Enter the Username and Password that I wish to use.
� Enter the Mailbox quota (EG. 250 MB)
� And then click the "Create" button.

After completing the above, I am then presented with this message:

> The e-mail account neil(a)stuntsillusion.com with the login
> neil+stuntsillusion.com with a quota of Megabytes was successfully
> created.
>
> Do you wish to configure the account to work with a mail client
> (Outloook, Mail.zpp)? Yes | No

If I say "Yes," I am then taken to the "Mail Client Configuration"
page. This is where all of the options for Auto-Configuring can be found
as well as all the details for "Manual Settings."

*My E-mail:* neil(a)stuntsillusion.com
*My site:* http://stuntsillusion.com/
*The Stunts MessageCenter:* http://www.stuntsillusion.com/forum/

From: Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook] on
"Neil McRae" <Neil.McRae.4bp29y(a)outlookforums.invalid> wrote in message

> If I delete my stuntsillusion account and then try to recreate it by
> clicking "Add a New Email Account" from my Mail section in Panelbox, I
> don't get asked anytime during the process to specifiy whether I want to
> create a POP3 or an IMAP E-mail account. Instead, all I'm asked to do
> after I click the link that says "Add a New Email Account" is:

I'd start with a new mail profile, not just a new account.

>  Enter the Username and Password that I wish to use.
>  Enter the Mailbox quota (EG. 250 MB)
>  And then click the "Create" button.

There is an option to bypass this automatic account creation and create it
manually. I told you this in my prior post.
--
Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook]

First  |  Prev  |  Next  |  Last
Pages: 1 2 3