From: Neil McRae on

> Originally posted by *Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook]*
> I'd start with a new mail profile, not just a new account.

After removing the stuntsillusion account from my "Outlook" profile, I
went to "Start button" then
Control Panel > User Accounts and Family Safety > Mail (32-bit) > "Show
Profiles..."

The only one that it showed was my one with the "Profile Name" that I
call "Outlook." And it only has my ISP E-mail address as of now, so I
then clicked "Add..."

For my second profile, I entered
"neil(a)stuntsillusion.com" for the "Profile Name" then
clicked "OK." From there:

� YOUR NAME:[/B] NEIL MCRAE
*� E-MAIL ADDRESS:* NEIL(a)STUNTSILLUSION.COM
*� PASSWORD:* -ENTERED THE PASSWORD FOR MY STUNTSILLUSION E-MAIL
ACCOUNT-
*� RETYPE PASSWORD:
*� Manually configure server settings or additonal server types:*
checked
� CHOOSE E-MAIL SERVICE:* INTERNET E-MAIL
*� ACCOUNT TYPE:* POP3
*� INCOMING MAIL SERVER:* S013.PANELBOXMANAGER.COM
*� OUTGOING MAIL SERVER (SMTP):* S013.PANELBOXMANAGER.COM
*� USER NAME:* ENTERED MY IWEB USERNAME FOR FTP AND PANELBOX.
*� PASSWORD:* ENTERED MY PASSWORD FOR FTP AND PANELBOX.
*� REQUIRE LOGON USING SECURE PASSWORD AUTHENTICATION (SPA):* NOT
CHECKED

MORE SETTINGS... > ADVANCED
� INCOMING SERVER (POP3): 110
� THIS SERVER REQUIRES AN ENCRYPTED CONNECTION (SSL): NOT CHECKED
� OUTGOING SERVER (SMTP): 587
� USE THE FOLLOWING TYPE OF ENCRYPTED CONNECTION: NONE

[B]TEST ACCOUNT SETTINGS:
� Log onto incoming mail server (POP3)

So now I have two profiles, "Outlook" and
"neil(a)stuntsillusion.com." Now, after completing the
above I proceeded to _launch_Outlook_ (choosing my newly created
profile) but I still can't receive any messages to the stuntsillusion
one, so I then switched profiles and tried writing my own test message
from my ISP E-mail address to the stuntsillusion one. I closed Outlook
and then reopened choosing my stuntsillusion profile once again, and
then I clicked on "Send/Receive >
neil(a)stuntsillusion.com Only." But the test message I
sent to myself never came, I kept checking for the next couple of hours
and I also looked in all of these stuntsillusion profile locations:
-Personal Folders > Inbox
-Personal Folders > Search Folders > Categorized Mail
-Personal Folders > Search Folders > Large Mail
-Personal Folders > Search Folders > Unread Mail

*My E-mail:* neil(a)stuntsillusion.com
*My site:* http://stuntsillusion.com/
*The Stunts MessageCenter:* http://www.stuntsillusion.com/forum/

View this thread: http://www.outlookforums.com/showthread.php?t=44656

http://www.outlookforums.com

From: Gordon on

"Neil McRae" <Neil.McRae.4c1zsa(a)outlookforums.invalid> wrote in message

>> Originally posted by *Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook]*
>> I'd start with a new mail profile, not just a new account.
>
> After removing the stuntsillusion account from my "Outlook" profile, I
> went to "Start button" then
> Control Panel > User Accounts and Family Safety > Mail (32-bit) > "Show
> Profiles..."
>
> The only one that it showed was my one with the "Profile Name" that I
> call "Outlook." And it only has my ISP E-mail address as of now, so I
> then clicked "Add..."
>
> For my second profile, I entered
> "neil(a)stuntsillusion.com" for the "Profile Name" then
> clicked "OK." From there:
>
> . YOUR NAME:[/B] NEIL MCRAE
> *. E-MAIL ADDRESS:* NEIL(a)STUNTSILLUSION.COM
> *. PASSWORD:* -ENTERED THE PASSWORD FOR MY STUNTSILLUSION E-MAIL
> ACCOUNT-
> *. RETYPE PASSWORD:
> *. Manually configure server settings or additonal server types:*
> checked
> . CHOOSE E-MAIL SERVICE:* INTERNET E-MAIL
> *. ACCOUNT TYPE:* POP3
> *. INCOMING MAIL SERVER:* S013.PANELBOXMANAGER.COM
> *. OUTGOING MAIL SERVER (SMTP):* S013.PANELBOXMANAGER.COM
> *. USER NAME:* ENTERED MY IWEB USERNAME FOR FTP AND PANELBOX.
> *. PASSWORD:* ENTERED MY PASSWORD FOR FTP AND PANELBOX.
> *. REQUIRE LOGON USING SECURE PASSWORD AUTHENTICATION (SPA):* NOT
> CHECKED
>
> MORE SETTINGS... > ADVANCED
> . INCOMING SERVER (POP3): 110
> . THIS SERVER REQUIRES AN ENCRYPTED CONNECTION (SSL): NOT CHECKED
> . OUTGOING SERVER (SMTP): 587
> . USE THE FOLLOWING TYPE OF ENCRYPTED CONNECTION: NONE
>
> [B]TEST ACCOUNT SETTINGS:
> . Log onto incoming mail server (POP3)
>
> So now I have two profiles, "Outlook" and
> "neil(a)stuntsillusion.com." Now, after completing the
> above I proceeded to _launch_Outlook_ (choosing my newly created
> profile) but I still can't receive any messages to the stuntsillusion
> one, so I then switched profiles and tried writing my own test message
> from my ISP E-mail address to the stuntsillusion one. I closed Outlook
> and then reopened choosing my stuntsillusion profile once again, and
> then I clicked on "Send/Receive >
> neil(a)stuntsillusion.com Only." But the test message I
> sent to myself never came, I kept checking for the next couple of hours
> and I also looked in all of these stuntsillusion profile locations:
> -Personal Folders > Inbox
> -Personal Folders > Search Folders > Categorized Mail
> -Personal Folders > Search Folders > Large Mail
> -Personal Folders > Search Folders > Unread Mail
>

> *My E-mail:* neil(a)stuntsillusion.com
> *My site:* http://stuntsillusion.com/
> *The Stunts MessageCenter:* http://www.stuntsillusion.com/forum/

Have you tried using the "Test Account Settings" function in the email
account setup dialog? That quite often throws up useful error messages

From: Neil McRae on

> ORIGINALLY POSTED BY GORDON
> Have you tried using the "Test Account Settings" function in the email
> account setup dialog? That quite often throws up useful error messages

Yes, I did try using the "Test Account Settings" function. But after
doing so, I'm still not able to receive messages even though it says:

"Congratulations! All tests completed successfully. Click Close
to continue."

And here is what is showing underneath the "Errors" tab:

[image: http://stuntsillusion.com/pics/msoutlook_image003.jpg]

From: Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook] on
"Neil McRae" <Neil.McRae.4c1zsa(a)outlookforums.invalid> wrote in message

> So now I have two profiles, "Outlook" and
> "neil(a)stuntsillusion.com." Now, after completing the
> above I proceeded to _launch_Outlook_ (choosing my newly created
> profile) but I still can't receive any messages to the stuntsillusion
> one, so I then switched profiles and tried writing my own test message
> from my ISP E-mail address to the stuntsillusion one. I closed Outlook
> and then reopened choosing my stuntsillusion profile once again, and
> then I clicked on "Send/Receive >
> neil(a)stuntsillusion.com Only." But the test message I
> sent to myself never came, I kept checking for the next couple of hours
> and I also looked in all of these stuntsillusion profile locations:

Did you log into the mailbox with a web client to see if the message actually
arrived in the mailbox? If it doesn't, clearly Outlook can't download
messages that don't arrive on the server. That's a delivery problem that only
the mail service provider can trace.

I sure hope the address you've been posting is not a real address because if
it is, you've opened yourself to an influx of malware and spam. It is unwise
to ever post real addresses in a newsgroup unless you're prepared to deal with
the spambots that will harvest that address.
--
Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook]
--

First  |  Prev  |