From: Neil McRae on
I just bought a new "Intel Core i5 2.66GHz Quad-Core CPU" on which I am running for the first time "Windows 7 Home Premium" with "Outlook 2007." Until I bought my new PC, I was running "Windows XP Home Edition" with "Microsoft Office XP" in which I received E-mail from two of my accounts; my ISP E-mail address and also one account that is activated through the domain at my webpage.

Now, configuring my ISP E-mail to work with the new Outlook was successful (I can once again do both send E-mails and receive messages using that account) but then I went to configure my E-mail address at my webpage and so far I can only send messages using that account. I tried sending a message to my ISP address from that one which I then received okay, so I know for sure that the "sending" works, but for some reason I just can't receive any messages that are sent to the one account.

All messages to my ISP account are received successfully after I click to "Send/Receive All," but this is the message I get for my other one:

Quote:
> • ]Synchronizing subsribed folders for "[notag]email(a)mywebpage.com[/notag]"

Or if I click on that account under "Send/Receive" and then choose to check for new messages only to that account:

Quote:
> • Checking for new mail in subscribed folders on "[notag]email(a)mywebpage.com[/notag]".
> • "[notag]email(a)mywebpage.com[/notag]": Folder:Inbox Check for new mail.

Thanks for any help that you are able to give me with this.
-Neil
.
Submitted using http://www.outlookforums.com
From: Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook] on
"Neil McRae" <n_mcrae[at]telus[dot]net> wrote in message

>I just bought a new "Intel Core i5 2.66GHz Quad-Core CPU" on which I am
>running for the first time "Windows 7 Home Premium" with "Outlook 2007."
>Until I bought my new PC, I was running "Windows XP Home Edition" with
>"Microsoft Office XP" in which I received E-mail from two of my accounts; my
>ISP E-mail address and also one account that is activated through the domain
>at my webpage.

If you're going to use a brain-dead posting post like outlookforums, at least
supply linebreaks. Your paragraphs are each one big long line.

> Now, configuring my ISP E-mail to work with the new Outlook was successful
> (I can once again do both send E-mails and receive messages using that
> account) but then I went to configure my E-mail address at my webpage and so
> far I can only send messages using that account. I tried sending a message
> to my ISP address from that one which I then received okay, so I know for
> sure that the "sending" works, but for some reason I just can't receive any
> messages that are sent to the one account.

What type of account have you defined for accessing this mailbox?
--
Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook]

From: Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook] on

>I apologize for not supplying linebreaks, the paragraphs in my first post
>display correctly on my system

Oh, I forgot to mention: don't change the subject line.
--
Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook]

From: Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook] on

> Incoming server (IMAP): 143
> Use the following type of encrypted connection: None
>
> Outgoing server (SMTP): 587
> Use the following type of encrypted connection: None

Can you telnet to those ports or your servers?

> After my hosting account with iWeb was first set up, all I had to do was:
>
> &#8226; Log into Panelbox.
> &#8226; Click on "MAIL" icon.
> &#8226; Click on the "EMAIL ACCOUNTS" tab and select "Add a New Email
> Account" from the drop-down list.
> &#8226; Fill in the required fields ("neil" for the Email/name and
> "stuntsillusion.com" for the domain) and then click on "Create" to submit
> and finish the creation of my E-mail account.
>
> When I went to configure my account through "Outlook 2007" after I got my
> new PC, I:
>
> &#8226; Clicked the "Tools" menu and chose "Account Settings..."
> &#8226; Clicked the "Add New E-mail Account" button.
> &#8226; Selected "Microsoft Exchange, POP3, IMAP, or HTTP"
> &#8226; Checked the box that says "Manually configure server settings or
> additional server types."
> &#8226; Clicked "Next" then chose "Internet E-mail.".

If you've followed the instructions that iWeb gave you for connecting to the
server and it still doesn't work, your best recourse is trying to get your
service provider to resolve it with you. I don't think I can help any more.
--
Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook]

From: Neil McRae on

> Originally posted by *Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook]*
> ...your best recourse is trying to get your service provider to resolve
> it with you...

So I contacted Iweb, they then responded and told me to click the link
in the Mail section of my Panelbox that says "Auto-Configure Microsoft
Outlook Express� for IMAP Access." I opened the register file and
allowed it to change my Windows registry. The problem is now solved and
I'm able to receive messages once again that are sent to my account
activated through the domain at my webpage, though yesterday however all
incoming mail to that account was appearing in the "Unread Mail" folder
instead of in the same folder where messages sent to my IDP address are
delivered. Messages to my IDP address deliver to the "Inbox" folder that
I have selected in the screenshot below. And then today, all messages
coming to my account on Iweb's server are appearing in
_the_folder_that_is_shown_expanded_ (neil(a)stuntsillusion.com > Inbox >
neil(a)stuntsillusion.com) in the same screenshot.
Strange.

[image: http://stuntsillusion.com/pics/1outlook2007.jpg]

View this thread: http://www.outlookforums.com/showthread.php?t=44656

http://www.outlookforums.com