From: FromTheRafters on
"Max Wachtel" <maxpro4u(a)hotmail.com> wrote in message

> I also have heard that AdAware uses AntiVir so running both would be
> redundant see-
> http://forum.avira.com/wbb/index.php?page=Thread&threadID=94034

I read that as meaning overlap in the non-viral arena. Surely AdAware is
not a suitable substitute for AntiVir.

I know you know, but your statement leaves that open.

From: Max Wachtel on
On Sun, 14 Feb 2010 07:49:00 -0500, FromTheRafters
<erratic(a)nomail.afraid.org> wrote:

> "Max Wachtel" <maxpro4u(a)hotmail.com> wrote in message
>
>> I also have heard that AdAware uses AntiVir so running both would be
>> redundant see-
>> http://forum.avira.com/wbb/index.php?page=Thread&threadID=94034
>
> I read that as meaning overlap in the non-viral arena. Surely AdAware is
> not a suitable substitute for AntiVir.
>
> I know you know, but your statement leaves that open.

you are correct-AdAware is not a suitable substitute for AntiVir or any
other Anti-Virus program for that matter.
--
This post was created using Opera(a)USB: http://www.opera-usb.com
Virus Removal Instructions