From: grubby on
We created laboratory conditions for testing Navision. ServerComputer is
situated in the same room but connected to a another network (has no domain)
and other computers in room are on company's domain(server is under company's
pool of subaddresses) . We have access to the server by remote desktop
connection because server is using fix IP address. What is the best way to
connect in this configuration, or we must go everthing by the manual and
first publish server to network, add services and so on. .. ?

Thanks in advance !

From: Luc Van Dyck on
"grubby" wrote:

> We created laboratory conditions for testing Navision. ServerComputer is
> situated in the same room but connected to a another network (has no domain)
> and other computers in room are on company's domain(server is under company's
> pool of subaddresses) . We have access to the server by remote desktop
> connection because server is using fix IP address. What is the best way to
> connect in this configuration, or we must go everthing by the manual and
> first publish server to network, add services and so on. .. ?

If you can ping to the server's address, then you can usually connect using
the NAV client. In the File -> Database -> Open dialog, you can type in the
IP address of the NAV server, in the "Server Name" field. If the NAV services
runs on a different portnumber than the default 2407, you can add this after
the IP address: A.B.C.D:9999

Be sure that the Advanced tab, is showing TCP for the field "Net Type", as
TCPS is the default value.

Hope this gets you started.

Luc Van Dyck
webmaster http://mibuso.com
"Your favourite knowledge base"
From: mushtak on
On Sep 9, 7:44 pm, Luc Van Dyck <LucVanD...(a)discussions.microsoft.com>
wrote:
> "grubby" wrote:
> > We created laboratory conditions for testing Navision. ServerComputer is
> > situated in the same room but connected to a another network (has no domain)
> > and other computers in room are on company's domain(server is under company's
> > pool of subaddresses) . We have access to the server by remote desktop
> > connection because server is using fix IP address. What is the best way to
> > connect in this configuration, or we must go everthing by the manual and
> > first publish server to network, add services and so on. .. ?
>
> If you can ping to the server's address, then you can usually connect using
> the NAV client. In the File -> Database -> Open dialog, you can type in the
> IP address of the NAV server, in the "Server Name" field. If the NAV services
> runs on a different portnumber than the default 2407, you can add this after
> the IP address: A.B.C.D:9999
>
> Be sure that the Advanced tab, is showing TCP for the field "Net Type", as
> TCPS is the default value.
>
> Hope this gets you started.
>
> Luc Van Dyck
> webmasterhttp://mibuso.com
> "Your favourite knowledge base"

when i am connectiong to the Nav DB server it is showing the following
error
"the operating system cannot find the file fin.flf"
what should i do
From: Vishal Rajput on
you need to upload/import your license file if it is SQL then you need to
upload it, If it is a NAV server the copy it to the server folder and
restart the server.

I would also recommend importing the license file.

you can do this by going to Tool - License Information

--
Best Regards
Vishal Rajput - Freelance Consultant for Dynamics NAV