From: David Taylor on
> My linksys router allows more than 60 devices without a reduction in
> speed.if your neighbour can access your wireless,who cares??

What's your upstream speed and what happens to your downstream speed if
your upstream is saturated? If you haven't tried it, do so then you
will have answered your own question.

That's just one reason why you might care.

David.
From: Rob on
steve wrote:
> My linksys router allows more than 60 devices without a reduction in
> speed.if your neighbour can access your wireless,who cares??

Do you have a good solicitor?

You may find that you have the responsibility for any criminal activity
that takes place on that network, whether it be launching a hack attack
or downloading illegal pornography.
From: steve on
lighten up,guys, illegal activity! pornography! need a solicitor ! you're
havin' a laff!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!11

From: Rob on

From: William P.N. Smith on
"steve" <stephen.mccabe1(a)btconnect.com> wrote:
>if your neighbour can access your wireless,who cares??

If he can access your WiFi, he can break into your LAN computers and
steal your {identity, credit card numbers, passwords, money}. Other
than that, no problems at all. Oh, wait, even an unsophisticated user
can give you viruses and other malware.