From: Don McKenzie on
Aug 10, 2010 2:08 PM
Conroy to keep pushing mandatory ISP filters

Communications Minister Stephen Conroy told the ICT leaders debate in Canberra that the Australian Labor Party, if
re-elected, would continue its implementation of the unpopular policy.

"We will bring forward the legislation once we've finished the review [of refused classification guidelines]," Conroy said.

http://www.itnews.com.au/News/224163,conroy-to-keep-pushing-mandatory-isp-filters.aspx

Cheers Don...

--
Don McKenzie

Site Map: http://www.dontronics.com/sitemap
Web Camera Page: http://www.dontronics.com/webcam
No More Damn Spam: http://www.dontronics.com/spam

USB Isolator 1000VDC For Protecting Your PC OR Laptop
http://www.dontronics-shop.com/usb-iso-low-full-speed-usb-isolator.html

These products will reduce in price by 5% every month:
http://www.dontronics-shop.com/minus-5-every-month.html
From: me here on
Don McKenzie wrote:

> Aug 10, 2010 2:08 PM
> Conroy to keep pushing mandatory ISP filters
>
> Communications Minister Stephen Conroy told the ICT leaders debate in
> Canberra that the Australian Labor Party, if re-elected, would
> continue its implementation of the unpopular policy.
>
> "We will bring forward the legislation once we've finished the review
> [of refused classification guidelines]," Conroy said.
>
> http://www.itnews.com.au/News/224163,conroy-to-keep-pushing-mandatory-
> isp-filters.aspx
>
> Cheers Don...

No surprises there.

He and the Christian lobby groups go hand in hand on this.

He's probably a member.

From: who where on
On Wed, 11 Aug 2010 06:32:01 +1000, Don McKenzie <5V(a)2.5A> wrote:

>Aug 10, 2010 2:08 PM
>Conroy to keep pushing mandatory ISP filters

What, more of the "spams and scams entering through the portal"?
From: kreed on
On Aug 11, 6:32 am, Don McKenzie <5...(a)2.5A> wrote:
> Aug 10, 2010 2:08 PM
> Conroy to keep pushing mandatory ISP filters
>
> Communications Minister Stephen Conroy told the ICT leaders debate in Canberra that the Australian Labor Party, if
> re-elected, would continue its implementation of the unpopular policy.
>
> "We will bring forward the legislation once we've finished the review [of refused classification guidelines]," Conroy said.
>
> http://www.itnews.com.au/News/224163,conroy-to-keep-pushing-mandatory...
>
> Cheers Don...
>
> --
> Don McKenzie
>
> Site Map:            http://www.dontronics.com/sitemap
> E-Mail Contact Page:http://www.dontronics.com/email
> Web Camera Page:    http://www.dontronics.com/webcam
> No More Damn Spam:  http://www.dontronics.com/spam
>
> USB Isolator 1000VDC For Protecting Your PC OR Laptophttp://www.dontronics-shop.com/usb-iso-low-full-speed-usb-isolator.html
>
> These products will reduce in price by 5% every month:http://www.dontronics-shop.com/minus-5-every-month.html

I think we either need to see them dump Conroy, or maybe we should
send a message and dump this party.
Freedom of speech is vital to everything.
From: David L. Jones on
kreed wrote:
> I think we either need to see them dump Conroy, or maybe we should
> send a message and dump this party.

Thankfully every voter in VIC has the ability to boot Conroy out at the next
election:
http://www.filter-conroy.com/
and you can do it by not changing your desired party voting preference.
Makes me want to move to Victoria.

Dave.

http://www.eevblog.com

 |  Next  |  Last