From: Paul on
Workgroup computers with mapped drives fail to reconnect after idle for 10-
15 minutes, I then have to "repair network connection" on the two other
computers, and the one I am working on, then everything works fine. The
network signal is always strong, internet is working and other rescources on
the network are all available. I just loose the access to the shared file on
the 2 other office computers until I "repair" connections. I getting tired
of yelling hey hit the repair again to my staff
From: Bob Lin (MS-MVP) on
It may be autodisconenct issue. You may want to disable it. This link may
help.

Mapping IssuesTo modify idle time, at a command prompt using net config
server /autodisconnect: minutes. For example, to set the Autodisconnect
value to 30 minutes, ...
www.chicagotech.net/mapping.htm

--
Bob Lin, Microsoft-MVP, MCSE & CNE
http://www.ChicagoTech.net

From: Jack [MVP-Networking] on
Hi
If the Wireless SSID is Off, turn it On.
Make sure that all the computers Network card are set to wake on traffic.
If it does not help then disable the Powersaving of the Network card (I.e.
do not let them to go to Sleep).
Here is examples of this type of setting.
http://www.ezlan.net/example/powersave.jpg
http://www.ezlan.net/example/nic_wake.jpg
Jack (MS, MVP-Networking)

"Paul" <Paul(a)discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Workgroup computers with mapped drives fail to reconnect after idle for
> 10-
> 15 minutes, I then have to "repair network connection" on the two other
> computers, and the one I am working on, then everything works fine. The
> network signal is always strong, internet is working and other rescources
> on
> the network are all available. I just loose the access to the shared file
> on
> the 2 other office computers until I "repair" connections. I getting tired
> of yelling hey hit the repair again to my staff

Pages: 1
Prev: cannot connect to internet
Next: Windows Firewall