From: turigen on
Hello

When I attempted to create a .pps slideshow

(I have PowerPoint of Office 2000 Premium - under Vista )

using a pdf file with simple "cut and paste"

of photos and paragraph, 30 frames totally,

I obtained a 49 MB (.pps) file against a 2,4 MB (.pdf) file.

I added only a midi file (16 KB) and the same background for all the frames.

What can happen ?

There is a way to analyse the content of the new pps ?

Thank you

turigen

From: John Wilson john AT technologytrish.co DOT on
Are you copy/ pasting from Acrobat Reader?
Did you use the snapshot tool?
--
john ATSIGN PPTAlchemy.co.uk

Free PPT Hints, Tips and Tutorials

From: turigen on

"John Wilson" <john AT technologytrish.co DOT uk
> ha scritto nel messaggio

> Are you copy/ pasting from Acrobat Reader?

yes

> Did you use the snapshot tool?

What is it?
Is it a tool inbedded in PowerPoint ?

Thanks
turigen

From: John Wilson john AT technologytrish.co DOT on
Tools > Select/Zoom > Snapshot tool in Acrobat Viewer

From: Steve Rindsberg on
In article <4b77b3c3$0$1136$4fafbaef(a)reader1.news.tin.it>, Turigen wrote:
> Hello
>
> When I attempted to create a .pps slideshow
>
> (I have PowerPoint of Office 2000 Premium - under Vista )
>
> using a pdf file with simple "cut and paste"
>
> of photos and paragraph, 30 frames totally,
>
> I obtained a 49 MB (.pps) file against a 2,4 MB (.pdf) file.

Depending on how you added the information from the PDF, you got either an OLE
object or a picture. Depending on the original contents of the PDF, a picture
could very easily involve a lot more data than the PDF itself.

Try ungrouping whatever you've copy/pasted from the PDF. If it's an ole
object, that should leave you with just a picture, which'll give you a smaller
PPT/PPS file.

If it won't allow you to ungroup the copy/pasted shape, we'll have to try
something else.

> I added only a midi file (16 KB) and the same background for all the frames.
>
> What can happen ?
>
> There is a way to analyse the content of the new pps ?
>
> Thank you
>
> turigen

PPT Frequently Asked Questions
http://www.pptfaq.com/