From: Eckhard Sallermann on
HI,

hope, someone can help me.

there is a DBF file with FPT Memofields and CDX index created with
Clipper 5.w2 and Comixdriver

i create a DTS-package to convert this data into a MSSQL2000 table, this
works, but the "german umlaute" like � � � will not beeing converted
correctly

i tried the VFP-odbc

Greets Ecki
From: Philippe Mermod on
Hi,

We made our own DBF/FPT/CDX to SQL Server or Oracle migration
tool using VO : the local characters were correctly migrated.

--
Phil Mermod
Crystal Reports Library for Visual Objects

From: Geoff Schaller on
Ecki.

Like Philippe, we just use a small VO app to do this. For example you
could try my SQL Master to upload your DBFs to SQL.

Geoff

From: Eckhard Sallermann on
what is SQL Master ??

From: Geoff Schaller on
Where have you been !!! <g>

It is a free tool (written in VO) offered to the VO community to help
them get to SQL. It kind of packages all the things you know and need
in a DBF tool into one for SQL. But it also writes code for, helps you
build indexes, keys and other things and it helps you edit sql data on
the fly.

But it also creates DBFs from SQL tables and uploads DBF into SQL.

Naturally it uses all my SQL classes so it is kind of a proof of
concept. It has some flaws and isn't pretty (uses the VO splitview which
is notoriously pathetic) but it works and can be very useful even beside
SSMS.

http://www.softwareobjectives.com.au/downloads/sqlmaster/sqlmaster.msi

Cheers,