From: Brian on
May 5, 2010

GrafX Software is pleased to announce Vulcan.NET 2.0

Vulcan.NET _IS_ The future of Visual Objects !

Vulcan.NET 2.0 has been designed to work with Visual Studio 2010 and 2008.
It can build applications targeting Framework 4.0, the latest major update
to the .NET platform, whilst still giving the option to use Framework 2.0,
3.0 and 3.5.

Vulcan.NET 2.0 features are:

- Improved Compiler Speed
- Support for Visual Studio 2010 & 2008
- Improved Project Support
- Improved VS Integration

- Improved Intellisense
- List Members (typing Dot or Colon shows list of members)
- Parameter Info (After '(' or '{' the various overloads and their
parameters are shown)
- Quick Info (Hovering over a identifier brings up info)
- Complete Word (For keyword completion)
- Code Snippets (Both 'stand alone' and 'Surround with')
- Task List support (//Todo comment, // Hack comment etc. Configurable)
- Syntax Checking (errors are shown in error list and with red squiggly
lines in the editor)
- Navigation Bar (Types and members)
- Color Syntax Highlighting
- Brace matching
- GoTo Definition

- Improved Visual Objects Editors for backward compatibility

- Support for IntelliTrace VS2010 Ultimate only

- Support for Enhanced debugging
- breakpoint labels
- pinned data tips
- comments on data tips
- display values from data tips from the last debugging session in our
editor
- export and import data tips

- Support for Multi Targeting (comes with assemblies for Framework 2.0 and
Framework 4.0).
- The source code for the VO Compatible classes is provided

- Shell version of VS2010 will be available to Vulcan.NET 2.0 customers.
-No support for:
- IntelliTrace
- Multi Targeting

- The macro compiler can be replaced

- Vulcan.NET XML Documentation comments (tipple slash)

Purchase Vulcan.NET 1.0 (Build 161) for VS2008 Today, and receive Vulcan.NET
2.0 when available. (Shipping in the next 60 days) Upgrade pricing from 1.0
to 2.0 to be posted soon.

Link here to GoVulcan.NET (Purchase)
http://www.govulcan.net/portal/Purchase/tabid/63/Default.aspx

By purchasing Vulcan.NET 2.0 you also get one year of updates, and one year
of support on our private Vulcan.NET support forums (VOPS)

You may also obtain Vulcan.NET with a current VOPS subscription, which
provides 1 year of updates for Vulcan.NET, plus 1 year of support for both
VO and Vulcan.NET via our private forums.
Link to VOPS
http://www.grafxsoft.com/2vosubscribe.htm

60 Day Trial Versions of Vulcan.NET 1.0 and VO 2.8 are available at:
Link to trial versions.
http://www.govulcan.net/portal/TrialVersion/tabid/100/Default.aspx

Other Vulcan.NET 2.0 links of interest:

Vulcan.NET Getting Started Guide.
http://www.govulcan.net/portal/GettingStarted/tabid/59/Default.aspx

Scott Guthrie Blog re: VS 2010 Debugger Improvements (BreakPoints, DataTips,
Import/Export)
http://weblogs.asp.net/scottgu/archive/2010/04/21/vs-2010-debugger-improvements-breakpoints-datatips-import-export.aspx

Microsoft Link App Gallery
http://visualstudiogallery.msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/7C074E31-CE77-4FF4-9C7C-4B7350517EE6

VulcanDownloads Link (Community driven source code contribution site for
Vulcan.NET Programmers.
http://www.VulcanDownloads.com

Microsoft's Channel 9 (IntelliTrace for Vulcan.NET & Visual Studio 2010
http://channel9.msdn.com/posts/VSIPMarketing/VSIP-Partners-CAN-DO--GraFX-VulcanNET

or Direct Link from GoVulcan.NET
http://www.govulcan.net/portal/Community/Information/tabid/96/Default.aspx

DevShare UK (May 2o-22 2010)
http://www.clickstartvulcan.net/DevShare/DS2010.html

Vulcan.NET Training CD's
http://www.vnt.vulcandotnet.de/

Vulcan.NET Plug-in for Reflector Fabrice Foray
http://fabtoys.net/downloads/cat_view/26-vulcannet?orderby=dmdate_published

Outlook_Bar for Vulcan.NET
http://fabtoys.net/downloads/cat_view/26-vulcannet?orderby=dmdate_published

VulcanMindMeld FaceLift Pro for Vulcan.NET. (Convert your VO Win32 Windows
to WinForm or WPF)
http://www.vulcanmindmeld.net/cms/

Browser for Vulcan.NET
http://www.votools.de/english/index.htm

VO 2 ADO for Vulcan.NET
http://www.heliks.nl/Products/Products/Vo2Ado/tabid/73/language/en-US/Default.aspx

Advance Database Systems (ADS) Vulcan.NET RDD
http://devzone.advantagedatabase.com/dz/content.aspx?key=20&Release=12&Product=17&Platform=6

Report Pro and ClassMate
http://www.GrafXsoft.com

Vulcan IDE by Chris Pyrgas
http://www.govulcan.net/portal/TrialVersion/tabid/100/Default.aspx
An IDE written in Vulcan.NET... Now reaching 110,000 lines of Vulcan.NET
code.

Vulcan.NET Video's (How to's)
http://www.govulcan.net/portal/Video/tabid/60/Default.aspx

The time to get on board with Vulcan.NET is now ! Vulcan.NET IS the most
cost efficient method of moving your Visual Objects Applications to .NET. To
create new projects, why not use a language you already know ? Vulcan.NET
can be used with all Microsoft.NET languages (in the very same solution).

What are you waiting for? Give Vulcan.NET a few days of your time, and with
a free trial version you will see for yourself:

Vulcan.NET is the future of Visual Objects programming.

From: Rainer on

"Brian" <B�ian@G�afxsoft.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
> May 5, 2010
>
> GrafX Software is pleased to announce Vulcan.NET 2.0
>
> Vulcan.NET _IS_ The future of Visual Objects !
>
> Vulcan.NET 2.0 has been designed to work with Visual Studio 2010 and 2008.
> It can build applications targeting Framework 4.0, the latest major update
> to the .NET platform, whilst still giving the option to use Framework 2.0,
> 3.0 and 3.5.
>
> Vulcan.NET 2.0 features are:

Hi,

Did Vulcan.NET will support the Compact Framwork
with Emulators for developing Apps for Windows Mobile 6.0/6.5 and
Windows Phone7 ?

Bye

Rainer

From: Brian on
Rainer,

> Did Vulcan.NET will support the Compact Framwork
> with Emulators for developing Apps for Windows Mobile 6.0/6.5 and
> Windows Phone7 ?

No. However the current workaround is to create a C# stub "exe" from which
you can call your Vulcan.NET .dll's

We discovered the problem with these types of projects several years ago,
reported this to Microsoft with fully reproducible examples, and where told
that after the release of VS 2010 the bug would be fixed. We are currently
waiting for a fix from Microsoft for that project type. We have several
users who are using the described workaround.

HTH's

Brian

From: Jamal on
Brian,

>> List Members (typing Dot or Colon shows list of members)

Can you elaborate on the above with an example?

Jamal

From: Ginny Caughey on
Hi Rainer,

In addition to Brian's reply, Windows Phone 7 uses either Silverlight for
Windows Phone or XNA rather than the Compact Framework directly. More info
and free tools download at http://developer.windowsphone.com.

--

Ginny Caughey
www.wasteworks.com