From: Peter Larsson on
I am really interested in converting, or burning, my vhd file to a DVD and
use GHOST or something else to write back to another PC. In Virtual PC, i can
set all options I want and test everything. Now I am done and want to use the
"hard drive" on a real computer. How to accomplish this task?
From: z f on
use winimage
www.winimage.com

From: Colin Barnhorst on
Assuming you are using XP, you will need to do a repair install on the new
machine to change the hardware. VPC's emulated hardware will not match the
hardware on the physical machine. To do this you will need a bootable
Windows XP cd.

From: Peter Larsson on
I figured it out. I installed Ghost in the Virtual PC and saved the partition
to a shared folder located on the real hard drive. Then I burn the ghost
partition file to dvd and restored the file on another computer. In the dvd
unit on that computer, i hade the installation dvd, just in case, if startup
of vista needed new drivers. And it worked like charm.

From: FHeger8freenet.de on

"Peter Larsson" wrote:

> I figured it out. I installed Ghost in the Virtual PC and saved the partition
> to a shared folder located on the real hard drive. Then I burn the ghost
> partition file to dvd and restored the file on another computer. In the dvd
> unit on that computer, i hade the installation dvd, just in case, if startup
> of vista needed new drivers. And it worked like charm.

Hallo Peter,

this Action you can do with PCs which includes the same or compatible
Hardware. So the Drivers will match to the Hardware. The Content of the
HDD-File will be written back into a new HDD-File. Alternated you can
easy copy the virtual PC over an Ethernetconnection to the Destination PC.
You will connect both PCs over Crossovercable (or Patchcable if using a
Switch or Router). Then you have to give free the Destination Drive. To Copy
you can use anything like Speedcommander. On the Sourcedrive you will
select your Sourcepath in the Sourcewindow of the Program. For the
Destinationpath you have to click the Networkicon of the Program into the
Destinationwindow. Then have to navigate to the wanted Destynationfolder
on the other Computer. Now you can copy the virtual PC-Files.
All this is working between Virtual PC 2004 (Windows XP) and Virtual
Server 2005 (Windows Server 2003), too. By the Way, this works with
VMWARE Workstation and VMWARE Server, too.