From: Jordan on
Is there a way or a plan to be able to directly convert a .GHO (Ghost) File
into a .VHD (VPC HD)?

We have multiple images that are mid, or pre sysprep that we store on .gho
files. I would like to be able to directly create a VPC off these images
whenever they are updated but right now I have to image them up, back down
and then track for any changes.

Direct GHO->VHD and VHD->GHO conversion would be amazing.

Let me know what the plans are there or if a third party app is already
available to do this.
From: Josh Assing on

Kinda round about
1) Look at winimage
2) boot your vpc image with a new hard drive (empty) the gho on a cd, and a
ghostboot floppy -- then restore the gho to the vhd...

On Fri, 10 Feb 2006 07:26:28 -0800, Jordan <Jordan(a)discussions.microsoft.com>
wrote:

>Is there a way or a plan to be able to directly convert a .GHO (Ghost) File
>into a .VHD (VPC HD)?
>
>We have multiple images that are mid, or pre sysprep that we store on .gho
>files. I would like to be able to directly create a VPC off these images
>whenever they are updated but right now I have to image them up, back down
>and then track for any changes.
>
>Direct GHO->VHD and VHD->GHO conversion would be amazing.
>
>Let me know what the plans are there or if a third party app is already
>available to do this.

--- AntiSpam/harvest ---
Remove X's to send email to me.
From: Jordan on
Right now we boot it into WinPE and just image it around like that. I want to
get away from having to image it at all. I want a direct converion. GHO->VHD
file to file, no process in the middle.

From: Steve Jain on
On Fri, 10 Feb 2006 11:31:25 -0800, Jordan

Check out www.platespin.com, they've got some P2V solutions.

--
Cheers,
Steve Jain, Virtual Machine MVP
From: Richard Cardona on
Jordan wrote:
> Right now we boot it into WinPE and just image it around like that. I want to
> get away from having to image it at all. I want a direct converion. GHO->VHD
> file to file, no process in the middle.

Would a utility that mounts a VHD on a Windows host as a drive visible
to Ghost32 be good enough?

 |  Next  |  Last
Pages: 1 2
Prev: Convert VHD to ISO?