From: ronald.phillips on
I think Vmware 5.5 can directly convert Ghost images but I haven't
tried it.

From: Josh Assing on
It can convert "some" stuff.
Their conversion is very finiky. I was going to jump ship to vmware; but I have
too much time invested in my images, and it only converted 1 image...

On 10 Feb 2006 18:50:29 -0800, ronald.phillips(a)gmail.com wrote:

>I think Vmware 5.5 can directly convert Ghost images but I haven't
>tried it.

--- AntiSpam/harvest ---
Remove X's to send email to me.
From: Renan on
From Josh Assing to microsoft.public.virtualpc:
> It can convert "some" stuff.
> Their conversion is very finiky. I was going to jump ship to vmware; but I have
> too much time invested in my images, and it only converted 1 image...

VMware failed to convert ALL .vhd images that I had. (first, the
conversion process ate ridiculous amounts of swap space; then, it failed
with some strange error)

--
Thanks, Renan(tm) - Canoas, RS, Brazil

"Smoking: a foul disease. Usually cured by cancer."
From: morin on
when i tried this the norton boot CD (ghost9) did not recongnize my linked
vhd as available partition for the source files.
can it be configured in any way to recognize it?
strange.

From: jg on
pardon me, what format does vdisk.exe use from Ghost ? does it use the ms
vhd format?

Creates an image file for use with PXE or RIS systems

"morin" <morin(a)nomails.com> wrote in message
> when i tried this the norton boot CD (ghost9) did not recongnize my linked
> vhd as available partition for the source files.
> can it be configured in any way to recognize it?
> strange.
>

> "Josh Assing" <XjoshX(a)jAssing.com> wrote in message
>>
>> Kinda round about
>> 1) Look at winimage
>> 2) boot your vpc image with a new hard drive (empty) the gho on a cd, and
>> ghostboot floppy -- then restore the gho to the vhd...
>>

>> On Fri, 10 Feb 2006 07:26:28 -0800, Jordan
>> <Jordan(a)discussions.microsoft.com>
>> wrote:
>>
>>>Is there a way or a plan to be able to directly convert a .GHO (Ghost)
>>>File
>>>into a .VHD (VPC HD)?
>>>
>>>We have multiple images that are mid, or pre sysprep that we store on
>>>.gho
>>>files. I would like to be able to directly create a VPC off these images
>>>whenever they are updated but right now I have to image them up, back
>>>down
>>>and then track for any changes.
>>>
>>>Direct GHO->VHD and VHD->GHO conversion would be amazing.
>>>
>>>Let me know what the plans are there or if a third party app is already
>>>available to do this.
>>

>> --- AntiSpam/harvest ---
>> Remove X's to send email to me.

First  |  Prev  |