From: "Tim G" <Tim on
I am running VPC 2004, SP1 on a Win XP Pro SP2 host. Win 95 is the guest.
Ever since I upgraded to VPC SP1, I have been getting strange results when I
try to drag and drop files from the Guest to the Host, a
DragonDropProcessFolder is created,
along with a dialog box with an error that says "Virtual PC has encountered
an error on the host while copying files. An error in Virtual PC has
occurred (d3).

I've seen this error reported in other newsgroups, but no solution.

Tim
From: Ben Armstrong [MSFT] on
Have you rebooted the host since installing SP1?
--
Cheers,
Benjamin Armstrong

You assume all risk for your use.

From: Tim G on

From: Steve Jain on
On Mon, 14 Nov 2005 16:17:03 -0800, "Tim G" <Tim
G(a)discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>I am running VPC 2004, SP1 on a Win XP Pro SP2 host. Win 95 is the guest.
>Ever since I upgraded to VPC SP1, I have been getting strange results when I
>try to drag and drop files from the Guest to the Host, a
>DragonDropProcessFolder is created,
>along with a dialog box with an error that says "Virtual PC has encountered
>an error on the host while copying files. An error in Virtual PC has
>occurred (d3).
>
>I've seen this error reported in other newsgroups, but no solution.
>
>Tim

did you install the new Additions included with SP1? If so, you could
try manually removing them via control panel, rebooting, and
reinstalling...occasionaly it seems like things get stuck and then
left behind

--
Cheers,
Steve Jain, Virtual Machine MVP
From: Tim G on

"Steve Jain" wrote:

> On Mon, 14 Nov 2005 16:17:03 -0800, "Tim G" <Tim
> G(a)discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
>
> >I am running VPC 2004, SP1 on a Win XP Pro SP2 host. Win 95 is the guest.
> >Ever since I upgraded to VPC SP1, I have been getting strange results when I
> >try to drag and drop files from the Guest to the Host, a
> >DragonDropProcessFolder is created,
> >along with a dialog box with an error that says "Virtual PC has encountered
> >an error on the host while copying files. An error in Virtual PC has
> >occurred (d3).
> >
> >I've seen this error reported in other newsgroups, but no solution.
> >
> >Tim
>
> did you install the new Additions included with SP1? If so, you could
> try manually removing them via control panel, rebooting, and
> reinstalling...occasionaly it seems like things get stuck and then
> left behind
>
> --
> Cheers,
> Steve Jain, Virtual Machine MVP
> http://vpc.essjae.com/
> "This posting is provided "AS IS" with
> no warranties, and confers no rights.
> You assume all risk for your use.
> I am not am employee of Microsoft."

Here is what I did to fix the problem. Uninstalled VPC from my host.
Then re-installed VPC without Additions. Did SP1 upgrade. Then
installed SP1 additions. Works fine now.