From: Richard Dobson on
Muzaffer Kal wrote:
> So I think that the answer is still "because they can't fall into
> their holes" as the people who designed them found that to be the
> intuitively obvious solution and would reject any other as rightfully
> inferior solutions.

Presumably the orientation of the cover is unimportant. If so, then a
round cover is simpler to put back in place, as it can simply be
slid/rolled/pushed whichever way; whereas any shape with corners
requires that bit of extra fiddling around to line the cover up with the
hole. Said fiddling might therefore also run the risk of chipping the
corners.

Richard Dobson
From: robert bristow-johnson on
On Dec 31 2009, 1:12 pm, Eric Jacobsen <eric.jacob...(a)ieee.org> wrote:
> On 12/31/2009 10:13 AM, robert bristow-johnson wrote:
> > such as it is.  Happy New Year (i'll be accompanying my kids to
> > "Burlington First Night", also, coincidentally, i turn 54 tomorrow,
> > big fat hairy deal.)
>
> Happy b-day, dood!

thanx. i am now officially middle-aged and krachetty.

r b-j

From: Greg Heath on
On Jan 1, 2:34 am, robert bristow-johnson <r...(a)audioimagination.com>
wrote:
> On Dec 31 2009, 1:12 pm, Eric Jacobsen <eric.jacob...(a)ieee.org> wrote:
>
> > On 12/31/2009 10:13 AM, robert bristow-johnson wrote:
> > > such as it is.  Happy New Year (i'll be accompanying my kids to
> > > "Burlington First Night", also, coincidentally, i turn 54 tomorrow,
> > > big fat hairy deal.)
>
> > Happy b-day, dood!
>
> thanx.  i am now officially middle-aged and krachetty.

Sorry, we can't let you in until you are at least 55.

Happy Birthday and Happy New Year anyway.

Greg
From: Randy Yates on
robert bristow-johnson <rbj(a)audioimagination.com> writes:

> On Dec 31 2009, 1:12 pm, Eric Jacobsen <eric.jacob...(a)ieee.org> wrote:
>> On 12/31/2009 10:13 AM, robert bristow-johnson wrote:
>> > such as it is.  Happy New Year (i'll be accompanying my kids to
>> > "Burlington First Night", also, coincidentally, i turn 54 tomorrow,
>> > big fat hairy deal.)
>>
>> Happy b-day, dood!
>
> thanx. i am now officially middle-aged and krachetty.

Yes, and only one of those properties changed with your
birthday.
--
Randy Yates % "Maybe one day I'll feel her cold embrace,
Digital Signal Labs % and kiss her interface,
From: Randy Yates on
robert bristow-johnson <rbj(a)audioimagination.com> writes:

> On Dec 31 2009, 1:12 pm, Eric Jacobsen <eric.jacob...(a)ieee.org> wrote:
>> On 12/31/2009 10:13 AM, robert bristow-johnson wrote:
>> > such as it is.  Happy New Year (i'll be accompanying my kids to
>> > "Burlington First Night", also, coincidentally, i turn 54 tomorrow,
>> > big fat hairy deal.)
>>
>> Happy b-day, dood!
>
> thanx. i am now officially middle-aged and krachetty.

....and Happy Birthday, Robert! Remember, you're not getting
younger, you're getting older.
--
Randy Yates % "Rollin' and riding and slippin' and
Digital Signal Labs % sliding, it's magic."