From: LordHog on
On Jan 8, 2:35 am, "Tony Jollans" <My forename at my surname dot com>
wrote:
> Without going into a lot of detail about how the clipboard works, when you
> copy a Word Range (or anything else), it is put on the clipboard in several
> formats, some of which may include hidden text, some of which may not. When
> you paste from the clipboard, what gets pasted depends upon the application
> you are pasting into and the format you use - or it uses.
>
> Text formats (such as might paste into Notepad) do not include hidden text
> (that's actually hidden) by default, but can be made to in VBA. The
> TextRetrievalMode.IncludeHiddenText property controls this - and this is
> probably the option LordHog is looking for; there is no need to use
> temporary documents or to change what shows on screen.
>
> If formatted text is being pasted, then what happens to it depends on the
> Application; what application is being used?
>
> --
> Enjoy,
> Tony
>
>  www.WordArticles.com
>
> "Reitanos" <reitanos...(a)yahoo.com> wrote in message

> @Tony: The issue is not selecting the hidden text, it's that Word will
> not copy hidden text to the clipboard along with other text (a very
> interesting wrinkle I had never noticed before). LH's issue is
> selecting a range that contains both hidden and non-hidden text and
> copying it. I suggested a macro that copies the selection, creates a
> new doc, pastes, unhides everything, copies it all, and then closes
> the new doc, but that seems like too many steps to do what sounds like
> a simple task. Any ideas?
>
> @LH: try recording a macro to do this. It's pretty simple and macros
> can be a lot of fun if you've got any geek in you!
>
> There is a useful command that you cannot record that would help when
> closing the other document: "application.displayalerts = false" will
> turn off prompts and dialogs. Be sure to set it back to true before
> the macro ends.
>
> On Jan 7, 10:14 pm, LordHog <Lord...(a)gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > On Jan 7, 4:01 pm, "Tony Jollans" <My forename at my surname dot com>
> > wrote:
>
> > > You can only select hidden text if it is being displayed. You can define
> > > Range in a macro to be anything you want, including hidden text, and do
> > > as
> > > you will with it - no need to change the display in the process at all.
>
> > > --
> > > Enjoy,
> > > Tony
>
> > >www.WordArticles.com
>
> > > "LordHog" <Lord...(a)gmail.com> wrote in message

> > > Reitanos,
>
> > > I do wish there was an option to tell Word to copy any text
> > > regardless if hidden or not. I had thought about this type of macro,
> > > but unfortunately what we are trying to copy contains a mixture of
> > > hidden text, requirement ID, and the remainder of the text
> > > (requirement). As you indicated, this should on be run against text
> [...]

Tony,

I will try to create a macro which will perform the feat of coping
both hidden and non-hidden text. There is no single application that
in which the text will be copied to, but typically it would be copying
requirements, with hidden PUI numbers, in other Word documents, e-
mails or source code. It may take me a day or two to get it working,
but if I can get it working I will posted what I was able to
accomplish for other to use. I want to thank both you and Reitanos for
the help and I certainly appreciate the help!!!

Mark

First  |  Prev  |
Pages: 1 2 3
Prev: ANSI