From: LordHog on
Hello,

Is it possible to select hidden text within MS Word (e.g., Word
2003) and copy hidden text to the clipboard so it may be pasted into
another application? I am looking to avoid having to select the text,
deselect the hide option the text then re-select the hide option.

Mark

From: Reitanos on
This bit of macro assumes that you ONLY have hidden text selected (as
opposed to some hidden and some not hidden), but it will work.

Sub CopyHidden()
Selection.Font.Hidden = False
Selection.Copy
Selection.Font.Hidden = True
End Sub

It's fascinating that Word can paste the text internally while hidden,
but it does not share that with the clipboard - even the Office
Clipboard can paste the hidden text but does not display the text
(although it does paste it in other office apps).

From: LordHog on
On Jan 7, 12:55 pm, Reitanos <reitanos...(a)yahoo.com> wrote:
> This bit of macro assumes that you ONLY have hidden text selected (as
> opposed to some hidden and some not hidden), but it will work.
>
> Sub CopyHidden()
>     Selection.Font.Hidden = False
>     Selection.Copy
>     Selection.Font.Hidden = True
> End Sub
>
> It's fascinating that Word can paste the text internally while hidden,
> but it does not share that with the clipboard - even the Office
> Clipboard can paste the hidden text but does not display the text
> (although it does paste it in other office apps).
>
> On Jan 7, 2:11 pm, LordHog <Lord...(a)gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > Hello,
>
> >   Is it possible to select hidden text within MS Word (e.g., Word
> > 2003) and copy hidden text to the clipboard so it may be pasted into
> > another application? I am looking to avoid having to select the text,
> > deselect the hide option the text then re-select the hide option.
>
> > Mark

Reitanos,

I do wish there was an option to tell Word to copy any text
regardless if hidden or not. I had thought about this type of macro,
but unfortunately what we are trying to copy contains a mixture of
hidden text, requirement ID, and the remainder of the text
(requirement). As you indicated, this should on be run against text
that was hidden as not to hide text that should not be hidden. A
thought that I had was to take the copied text, paste it into a new
document, unhide (is that really word?) all the text the copy that to
the clipboard. This might work, but I don't want to see Word switching
between documents causing the screen to flicker. Perhaps Word can
create a new document resident within memory and then I could work
from within this document?

Mark

From: Reitanos on
I'm hoping that someone out there may have a better solution, but the
macro could paste the selected text into a new document, unhide it
all, copy it, and close the new document without saving. That's a lot
of overhead, but it would work and be FAIRLY transparent :)

From: "Tony Jollans" My forename at my surname dot on
You can only select hidden text if it is being displayed. You can define a
Range in a macro to be anything you want, including hidden text, and do as
you will with it - no need to change the display in the process at all.

--
Enjoy,
Tony

www.WordArticles.com

"LordHog" <LordHog(a)gmail.com> wrote in message
On Jan 7, 12:55 pm, Reitanos <reitanos...(a)yahoo.com> wrote:
> This bit of macro assumes that you ONLY have hidden text selected (as
> opposed to some hidden and some not hidden), but it will work.
>
> Sub CopyHidden()
> Selection.Font.Hidden = False
> Selection.Copy
> Selection.Font.Hidden = True
> End Sub
>
> It's fascinating that Word can paste the text internally while hidden,
> but it does not share that with the clipboard - even the Office
> Clipboard can paste the hidden text but does not display the text
> (although it does paste it in other office apps).
>
> On Jan 7, 2:11 pm, LordHog <Lord...(a)gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > Hello,
>
> > Is it possible to select hidden text within MS Word (e.g., Word
> > 2003) and copy hidden text to the clipboard so it may be pasted into
> > another application? I am looking to avoid having to select the text,
> > deselect the hide option the text then re-select the hide option.
>
> > Mark

Reitanos,

I do wish there was an option to tell Word to copy any text
regardless if hidden or not. I had thought about this type of macro,
but unfortunately what we are trying to copy contains a mixture of
hidden text, requirement ID, and the remainder of the text
(requirement). As you indicated, this should on be run against text
that was hidden as not to hide text that should not be hidden. A
thought that I had was to take the copied text, paste it into a new
document, unhide (is that really word?) all the text the copy that to
the clipboard. This might work, but I don't want to see Word switching
between documents causing the screen to flicker. Perhaps Word can
create a new document resident within memory and then I could work
from within this document?

Mark

 |  Next  |  Last
Pages: 1 2 3