From: Scott W. on
My Company is currently running Navision 3. I am not a Navision Admin, but
am the server / domain Admin.

A majority of my users connect to our Navision system through our Citrix
servers.

My applications group is constantly asking the Server Admins to go in and
delete the Citrix users ZUP files.

What would cause this constant corruption of these ZUP files?

I've searched this forum and there doesn't seem to be any information on this.

Any ideas?
From: Savatage on
you're not mentioning what the problem is - all I read is that someone is
telling you to delete the zup file. What is happening that makes you think
corruption is happening?

From: Scott W. on
As I said, I am not a Navision Admin, but I do get reports of printing issues
that the Application Admins blame on a corrupt ZUP file. I am asking for a
better explanation of the problem - but deleting the ZUP file always solves
the issue. However, I feel that we are treating a symptom and not the cause.

As often as this happens for us, I had thought it may be a well known or
common problem for Navision Users in a Citrix environment.

From: Savatage on
I've read that in ver 3.7B a fix was made regarding Zup & Citrix - so if your
using an Navision version older than that you might want to think about
upgrading your executables.

if that's not the case then here are some posts about creating seperate zup
files for each citrix user - so they don't have to be reset and if the
problem keeps happening to just 1 person's zup - you can narrow down the
problem.

Last thought would be if it always seems to be a problem with the printer
you may want to think about re-installing the printer & it's driver. And
make sure the driver is the most updated one available.

From: Savatage on
oops I forgot to post the links

(here are some but you can always search that forum for more info)
http://www.mibuso.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=11071
http://www.mibuso.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=11952
http://www.mibuso.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=6853
http://www.mibuso.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=1517