From: kitekrazy on
Phonic Firefly 202 Portable FireWire Interface

http://pro-audio.musiciansfriend.com/product/Phonic-FIREFLY-202-Portable-Firewire-Interface?sku=582554&src=RSSXSTPD&ZYXSEM=0

Looks like a nice FW unit for $59.
From: Ted Perlman on
Looks like a nice box.

I love Musicians Friend. They have my audio signal path listed there as
"signal chains of the stars". I don't know about the "star" part, but that
is my signal chain :-)

http://pro-audio.musiciansfriend.com/product/Toft-Audio-Designs-DC2-Dual-Channel-FET-Compressor?sku=187025

--
Regards,

Ted Perlman
www.tedperlman.com
www.myspace.com/tedperlman
www.facebook.com/ted.perlman

From: polymod on

"Ted Perlman" <ted(a)tedperlman.com> wrote in message
> Looks like a nice box.
>
> I love Musicians Friend. They have my audio signal path listed there as
> "signal chains of the stars". I don't know about the "star" part, but that
> is my signal chain :-)

http://pro-audio.musiciansfriend.com/product/Toft-Audio-Designs-DC2-Dual-Channel-FET-Compressor?sku=187025

Wow. Nice write-up!
Always had nothing but good dealings with MF :)

Poly

From: kitekrazy on
On 2/3/2010 7:04 AM, polymod wrote:
> "Ted Perlman"<ted(a)tedperlman.com> wrote in message
>> Looks like a nice box.
>>
>> I love Musicians Friend. They have my audio signal path listed there as
>> "signal chains of the stars". I don't know about the "star" part, but that
>> is my signal chain :-)
>>

> http://pro-audio.musiciansfriend.com/product/Toft-Audio-Designs-DC2-Dual-Channel-FET-Compressor?sku=187025
>
> Wow. Nice write-up!
> Always had nothing but good dealings with MF :)
>
> Poly

Well I ordered that little FW box. I'll try it on one of my craptops.
A few weeks ago I bought an adapter to plug PCMCIA cards into an express
slot so I could use the Echo Indigo. It didn't work.
I bought the Indigo from MFs deal of the day for $79 with hopes of
getting better latency off this older laptop. 12 ms was the best it
could do. The $29 Behringer UAC32 is still one of the best small
external units out there. They actually have 64 bit drivers.
From: Ted Perlman on
<Always had nothing but good dealings with MF :)>

Thanks - me too!

--
Regards,

Ted Perlman