From: John on
In column A I have set of characters that are entered into the rows below
(i.e. Y, N, MRO) in column B I have another set of characters that are
entered into the rows below (i.e. A, E, on so on). I want to count the
instances when the rows in Column A contain a Y and the rows in column B
contain an A. Is there an simple formula for doing this? Any help will be
appreciated.
--
John
From: steve on
=COUNTIFS(A:A,"Y",B:B,"A")

Regards
Steve

From: Ms-Exl-Learner on
Put this formula other than A&B Column cell.

=COUNTIF(A:A,"Y")+COUNTIF(B:B,"A")

--------------------
(Ms-Exl-Learner)
--------------------

From: Mike H on
John.

try this

=SUMPRODUCT((A1:A20="Y")*(B1:B20="A"))
--
Mike

question.

From: Ms-Exl-Learner on
Please Ignore my post, since I have not read it properly.

--------------------
(Ms-Exl-Learner)
--------------------

"John" wrote:

> In column A I have set of characters that are entered into the rows below
> (i.e. Y, N, MRO) in column B I have another set of characters that are
> entered into the rows below (i.e. A, E, on so on). I want to count the
> instances when the rows in Column A contain a Y and the rows in column B
> contain an A. Is there an simple formula for doing this? Any help will be
> appreciated.
> --
> John
 |  Next  |  Last