From: Don McKenzie on
Hunter wrote:
> Arrrggghhh, iinet has recently moved its' users onto the westnet news
> server, and it's dropping posts left/right/centre, including my own
> which somehow seem to propogate through it to receive replies but in
> many cases are not being held on it.
>
> Anyone know of a good news service that ain't super expensive and is
> decently speedy when pulling headers down to Oz?

been using this one for years now:
http://news.individual.net/

the others all failed for one reason or another.
There is a small fee for this one.
Set it and forget it.

Cheers Don...

--
Don McKenzie

Site Map: http://www.dontronics.com/sitemap
Web Camera Page: http://www.dontronics.com/webcam
No More Damn Spam: http://www.dontronics.com/spam

5% to 15% OFF all 4DSystems OLED Displays & modules.
http://www.dontronics-shop.com/4dsystems-m1.html
From: Rod Speed on
Hunter wrote:

> Arrrggghhh, iinet has recently moved its' users onto the westnet news server, and it's dropping posts
> left/right/centre, including my own which somehow seem to propogate through it to receive replies but in many cases
> are not being held on it.

> Anyone know of a good news service that ain't super expensive and is decently speedy when pulling headers down to Oz?

news.individual.net

Doesnt do binarys.

From: Rod Speed on
Hunter wrote:
> Hunter wrote:
>> Rob wrote:

>>> http://www.eternal-september.org/
>>>
>>> seems OK, free you have to signup. Worth a try.
>>>
>>> just had my ISP drop the news server - which was free - now have to
>>> count the external downloads -
>>>
>>> there is also - nntp.aioe.org been down a bit of late.

>> I'll give the one that goes down a bit a miss, but eternal september
>> looks worth a bash, might register and check it out. Cheers dude.

> Eternal September seems pretty damn good so far,

Its nowhere near as reliable as news.individual.net.

From: Rod Speed on
Andy wrote
> Rod Speed wrote
>> Dr. Sir John Howard, AC, WSCMoF " <""noujwas\"@yahoo.com . wrote

>>> That's why I want to start a campaign to stop newsservers accepting
>>> feeds from Google Groups. That will nuke 95% of spam.

>> It would also lose 50% of the non spam posts too.

> Nowhere near it.

Depends on the newsgroup.

> There's little, if anything, of value being posted from Google Groups.

Wrong, as always.

> I've had the lot killfiled for years.

So you wouldnt know what you are missing thats posted from there.

From: Rod Speed on

Some gutless imposter claiming to be
Dr. Sir John Howard, AC, WSCMoF " <""wassim.noujwas\"@yahoo.com is a tool . wrote
> Rod Speed wrote
>> Andy wrote
>>> Rod Speed wrote

>>> Nowhere near it.

>> Depends on the newsgroup.

> They're all much of a muchness.

Not as far as the percentage of posts from groups.google they aint.

>>> There's little, if anything, of value being posted from Google Groups.

>> Wrong, as always.

> Prove it!

Just did.
http://groups.google.com/groups/search?q=groups.google

>>> I've had the lot killfiled for years.

>> So you wouldnt know what you are missing thats posted from there.

> He's missing nada.

Just another of your pig ignorant lies.