From: Pavel A. on
Since WinXP SP3 update, IE6 crashes shortly after I navigate to some
websites.
The following is added to eventlog:

Event Type: Error
Event Source: Application Error
Event ID: 1000
Faulting application iexplore.exe, version 6.0.2900.3311, faulting module
urlmon.dll, version 6.0.2900.3311, fault address 0x0003b5e6.

and this:

Event Type: Error
Event Source: Application Error
Event ID: 1001
Fault bucket 660514269.

Urlmon.dll version: 6.0.2900.3311

This error occurs in pure IE and in Maxthon with IE plugins disabled, as
well.

After uninstalling some plugins, such as Skype's, the crash occurs less
frequently, but still occurs sometimes.

Any ideas?

Regards,
--PA

From: PA Bear [MS MVP] on
Uninstall any/all third-party toolbars and see if the behavior persists.

e-mail support is available only in the United States and Canada.

.. US:
http://support.microsoft.com/oas/default.aspx?ln=en-us&prid=11273&gprid=522131

.. CA:
http://support.microsoft.com/oas/default.aspx?ln=en-ca&prid=11273&gprid=522131

.. UK:
http://support.microsoft.com/oas/default.aspx?ln=en-gb&prid=11273&gprid=522131

.. AU:
http://support.microsoft.com/oas/default.aspx?ln=en-au&prid=11273&gprid=522131

.. Other: http://support.microsoft.com/oas/default.aspx?gprid=1173 | select
Windows XP | select Windows XP Service Pack 3
--
~Robear Dyer (PA Bear)
AumHa VSOP & Admin http://aumha.net