From: John W. Vinson on
On Fri, 26 Mar 2010 11:52:28 +1100, Avid Fan <me(a)privacy.net> wrote:

>Access2007 Win 7 creating an Access 2003 compatible database
>
>Well I must be doing something wrong. I have set a relation between
>customer.id and call.Customer_id
>
>Customer.id is primary autonumber
>call.customer_id is a number

Ok, but you don't say what you're DOING. Just creating a relationship won't
create new records (only prevent the addition of invalid records). Do you have
a Form with a Subform as suggested? If so, what are their recordsources?
What's the Master and Child Link Field? What's happening when you do add data
to the two forms?
--

John W. Vinson [MVP]
From: KARL DEWEY on
>>I have checked my relationships it is 1 to many as expected
Did you set the relationship in the 'Relationship' window, not just in the
query?

--
Build a little, test a little.

From: Avid Fan on
On 26/03/2010 12:53 PM, John W. Vinson wrote:
> On Fri, 26 Mar 2010 11:52:28 +1100, Avid Fan<me(a)privacy.net> wrote:
>
>> Access2007 Win 7 creating an Access 2003 compatible database
>>
>> Well I must be doing something wrong. I have set a relation between
>> customer.id and call.Customer_id
>>
>> Customer.id is primary autonumber
>> call.customer_id is a number
>
> Ok, but you don't say what you're DOING. Just creating a relationship won't
> create new records (only prevent the addition of invalid records). Do you have
> a Form with a Subform as suggested? If so, what are their recordsources?
> What's the Master and Child Link Field? What's happening when you do add data
> to the two forms?

Sorry.

I get this error when I start ether the form or the subform

"Can't set Value to Null when checkbox = FALSE"

I have a subform in a page of a tab control.
The subform shows only one record

The main Customer table is the recordsource for the main form
the callnotes table is the recordsource for the subform.

I have a save button and a new record button both created by the wizard.

On the sub form I have three controls

A combo box - Call Type
A Date picker - Active X control Microsoft date and time picker Control
6.0 SP4

A large text box linked to a Memo Field.

From: John W. Vinson on
On Fri, 26 Mar 2010 14:27:35 +1100, Avid Fan <me(a)privacy.net> wrote:

>"Can't set Value to Null when checkbox = FALSE"

Then you have some VBA code or a macro that you have not shared with us.

I'd love to be able to help but you're making it really difficult.
--

John W. Vinson [MVP]
From: Avid Fan on
On 26/03/2010 4:02 PM, John W. Vinson wrote:
> On Fri, 26 Mar 2010 14:27:35 +1100, Avid Fan<me(a)privacy.net> wrote:
>
>> "Can't set Value to Null when checkbox = FALSE"
>
> Then you have some VBA code or a macro that you have not shared with us.
>
> I'd love to be able to help but you're making it really difficult.

The problem is
A Date picker - Active X control Microsoft date and time picker Control
6.0 SP4

I can stop the error by setting the checkbox = True

A checkbox appears in the combo date picker control but as far a I can
see does not belong here.

There is no default property in this active X control

I have tried setting the default value in the table to =Date() but that
does not stop the error.