From: Avid Fan on
On 26/03/2010 2:21 PM, KARL DEWEY wrote:
>>> I have checked my relationships it is 1 to many as expected
> Did you set the relationship in the 'Relationship' window, not just in the
> query?

Yes in the ribbon under "Database Tools" Relations

Set the relation

I ticked

Enforce Referential Integrity.
Cascade Update Related Fields.

I wonder what is going on?

Thanks for your help.
From: John W. Vinson on
On Fri, 26 Mar 2010 16:49:29 +1100, Avid Fan <me(a)privacy.net> wrote:

>On 26/03/2010 4:02 PM, John W. Vinson wrote:
>> On Fri, 26 Mar 2010 14:27:35 +1100, Avid Fan<me(a)privacy.net> wrote:
>>
>>> "Can't set Value to Null when checkbox = FALSE"
>>
>> Then you have some VBA code or a macro that you have not shared with us.
>>
>> I'd love to be able to help but you're making it really difficult.
>
>The problem is
>A Date picker - Active X control Microsoft date and time picker Control
>6.0 SP4
>
>I can stop the error by setting the checkbox = True
>
>A checkbox appears in the combo date picker control but as far a I can
>see does not belong here.
>
>There is no default property in this active X control
>
>I have tried setting the default value in the table to =Date() but that
>does not stop the error.

I'm sorry, but I have no experience with the DatePicker control; that appears
to be the source of the problem, not your master/child link field or the
subform itself. I'd suggest reposting with "date picker checkbox problem" in
the subject to see if someone more knowledgable can help.
--

John W. Vinson [MVP]
From: Avid Fan on
On 27/03/2010 8:21 AM, John W. Vinson wrote:

> I'm sorry, but I have no experience with the DatePicker control; that appears
> to be the source of the problem, not your master/child link field or the
> subform itself. I'd suggest reposting with "date picker checkbox problem" in
> the subject to see if someone more knowledgable can help.

Thank you for all your help on this project. I really do appreciate it

Your response got me thinking if the date picker was interfering. I did
remove the datepicker active X from the subform, hsowever the main
problem remains customer_ID is not being updated and I get this error

Error

The Microsoft database engine cannot find a record in the table
'customer' with key matching 'customer_ID'

From: John W. Vinson on
On Sat, 27 Mar 2010 11:24:59 +1100, Avid Fan <me(a)privacy.net> wrote:

>Thank you for all your help on this project. I really do appreciate it
>
>Your response got me thinking if the date picker was interfering. I did
>remove the datepicker active X from the subform, hsowever the main
>problem remains customer_ID is not being updated and I get this error
>

>Error
>
>The Microsoft database engine cannot find a record in the table
>'customer' with key matching 'customer_ID'

Is there a customer_ID field in the mainform's recordsource?
Is there data in that field?
Is there a customer record visible on the form?

This is redundant, but I'm not sure what's changed and what hasn't. Please
post:

The Recordsource of the mainform (post the SQL if it's a query, the fieldnames
in the table if it's just the table)

Ditto for the subform

The Master Link Field and Child Link Field properties of the subform control

The datatype of Customer_ID in both tables

--

John W. Vinson [MVP]