From: PM on
Hello, I have a quick question.

I am currently using VB.NET Express. I need to use Crystal Reports (Crystal
Report Viewer, etc.) in the application I am working on.

The only issue - since I am using Express Edition, I am assuming that
Crystal Reports is not included.

So my question - can I purchase it? Or, do I need to acquire a retail box
of Visual Studio. If so, which versions has it?

Thank you
PM
From: PvdG42 on

"PM" <PM(a)discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hello, I have a quick question.
>
> I am currently using VB.NET Express. I need to use Crystal Reports
> (Crystal
> Report Viewer, etc.) in the application I am working on.
>
> The only issue - since I am using Express Edition, I am assuming that
> Crystal Reports is not included.
>
> So my question - can I purchase it? Or, do I need to acquire a retail box
> of Visual Studio. If so, which versions has it?
>
> Thank you
> PM

You can et Crystal Reports in Visual Studio 2008 Professional or better, or
you can purchase Crystal reports as an independent tool:

http://www.crystalreports.com/jump/g/crystalreports/cr_mvtp2.asp?campaigncode=CRM-CA80-OTH-CM0288&source=msgsbobus09&WT.mc_id=msgsbobus09&WT.srch=1&kw=crystal+reports&KW_ID=p287113338&KW_ID=p287113338

You should also be aware that SAP has only a *beta* version of Crystal
Reports available for Visual Studio 2010 at this writing, an issue that has
many CR users more than a little frustrated.

http://forums.sdn.sap.com/search.jspa?q=Visual+Studo+2010

From: a a r o n . k e m p f on
why, oh why would anyone actually choose Crystal Reports?

You should use SQL Server Reporting Services dude

From: Miro on
An alternate to this is www.devexpress.com .

Support is great and its a dll copy install.

I switched to this after headaches with crystal reports.

Simple and it works.

Cheers'

Miro

"a a r o n . k e m p f @ g m a i l . c o m" <aaron.kempf(a)gmail.com> wrote in