From: Scott Baxter on
Hello,

This is the error I get on Windows 7.

I tried going to the project screen in vb.net Studio 2008, and changing the
target cpu to x64. This did not work.

Do I have to build the program on Windows 7?

I'm sure this must be a common problem for programs going to Windows 7.

Thanks for any help.

Scott

From: Onur Güzel on
On May 22, 2:17 am, "Scott Baxter" <sc...(a)websearchstore.com> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> This is the error I get on Windows 7.
>
> I tried going to the project screen in vb.net Studio 2008, and changing the
> target cpu to x64.  This did not work.
>
> Do I have to build the program on Windows 7?
>
> I'm sure this must be a common problem for programs going to Windows 7.
>
> Thanks for any help.
>
> Scott

Hi,

I think you need to set target CPU to x86 explicty and re-compile,
then try to run on Win 7 x64:

http://i.msdn.microsoft.com/Bb398791.DropdownBox_VBWAP(en-us,VS.100).png

or try to use corflags utility:
http://blogs.msdn.com/arvindsh/archive/2009/06/21/tip-of-the-day-an-attempt-was-made-to-load-a-program-with-an-incorrect-format-net-p-invoke-issue.aspx

HTH,

Onur Güzel

From: Mr. Arnold on
Scott Baxter wrote:
> Hello,
>
> This is the error I get on Windows 7.
>
> I tried going to the project screen in vb.net Studio 2008, and changing
> the target cpu to x64. This did not work.
>
> Do I have to build the program on Windows 7?
>

> I'm sure this must be a common problem for programs going to Windows 7.
>
> Thanks for any help.

The rule of thumb I always follow is develop, compile and build the
application on the platform it's intended to run on. That means you
develop, compile, and build the application on Win 7 64 machine to be
deployed to a Win 7 64 machines -- Windows XP machine to Windows XP
machines, Vista machine to Vista machines, etc. etc.
From: Herfried K. Wagner [MVP] on
Am 22.05.2010 01:17, schrieb Scott Baxter:
> This is the error I get on Windows 7.
>
> I tried going to the project screen in vb.net Studio 2008, and changing
> the target cpu to x64. This did not work.
>
> Do I have to build the program on Windows 7?

Are you sure the Windows 7 version of the PC you are trying to run the
application on is the 64-bit version and not the 32-bit (x86) version?

--
M S Herfried K. Wagner
M V P <URL:http://dotnet.mvps.org/>
From: D-Someone on