From: Geoff Schaller on
I didn't read that into the question and still don't.

However, if you are right then he needs to provide the algorithm to
achieve this.

Geoff

From: Dave Francis on
On 23 May, 18:48, Geoff Chambers <gchamber...(a)msn.com> wrote:
> I have a table with values for a column can be:

Geoff,

Do you mean something like...

Function MySort(cByte)

From: Dave Francis on
Geoff,

Let's try again...

Function MySort(cByte)
return StrZero( at2(cByte, "LEMS"), 2)

then your index key would be MySort(TheFieldContainingLEMS)

HTH

Dave

From: Mathias on
On 23 Maj, 19:48, Geoff Chambers <gchamber...(a)msn.com> wrote:
> I have a table with values for a column can be:
>
> 'L'
> 'E'
> 'M'
> 'S'
>
> I would also like them to sort this way currently they sort in
> alpabetical order'
>
> 'E'
> 'L'
> 'M'
> 'S'
>
> Is their a function that would return the desired result

Sort by

At(MYFIELD,"ELMS")

or if you want to avoid numerical indexes

Chr(Asc("A") + At(MYFIELD,"LEMS"))

or

Str(At(MYFIELD,"LEMS"),1,0)

/Mathias