From: Geoff Chambers on
I have a table with values for a column can be:

'L'
'E'
'M'
'S'

I would also like them to sort this way currently they sort in
alpabetical order'

'E'
'L'
'M'
'S'

Is their a function that would return the desired result
From: John Martens on
I would say that you should add a sort field where you can do this.
In index keys I think you can only use standard VO funtions.

From: dlzc on
Dear Geoff Chambers:

On May 23, 10:48 am, Geoff Chambers <gchamber...(a)msn.com> wrote:
> I have a table with values for a column can be:
>
> 'L'
> 'E'
> 'M'
> 'S'
>
> I would also like them to sort this way currently
> they sort in alpabetical order'
>
> 'E'
> 'L'
> 'M'
> 'S'
>
> Is their a function that would return the desired result

Sorry for the Clipper-ese... How about
SORT ON at( cSortField, "LEMS" )
.... simple and the custom key is available to all applications

David A. Smith
From: Geoff Schaller on
Geoff,

Why do you say this is a 'custom' sort?
Isn't it just purely alphabetic?

This is automatic with bArrayServer and a no brainer for DNF and SQL.

Geoff

From: Stephen Quinn on
Geoff

> Why do you say this is a 'custom' sort?
It's a custom sort wanted

> Isn't it just purely alphabetic?
He wants the 'LEMS' order not the 'ELMS' order.

CYA
Steve

 |  Next  |  Last
Pages: 1 2