From: RJK on
XP Home SP3+

The "Customize Classic Start Menu" window, when I click the [Clear] button,
to clear the list of recently accessed documents, causes that menu box to
stop responding, and I end up clicking the top right x and then clicking
the "End Now" button, and then the Desktop reloads.

I've tried two registry fixes from Kelly's corner which didn't fix it,
"Start Button and Taskbar repair," and re-registered the *.dll's for
explorer .exe
...and I ran a shell repair ...no go !

Have been trying all day to track down the source of atdmt cookies that
keep appearing, having tried all sorts to block them, have a feeling I
shall end up posting a hjt log somewhere soon.

Any thoughts muchly appreciated,

I'm off to bed !

regards, Richard

From: Barry Schwarz on
On Sat, 16 Jan 2010 18:43:15 -0800, "The Real Truth MVP"
<trt(a)void.com> wrote:

>Try my Explorer Shell Fix tool. Download it here http://www.ms-mvp.org/ if

This is not the MVP site despite its fake logos.

The correct MVP site is http://www.mvps.org/.

--
Remove del for email
From: "FromTheRafters" erratic on
"Barry Schwarz" <schwarzb(a)dqel.com> wrote in message
> On Sat, 16 Jan 2010 18:43:15 -0800, "The Real Truth MVP"
> <trt(a)void.com> wrote:
>
>>Try my Explorer Shell Fix tool. Download it here
>>http://www.ms-mvp.org/ if
>
> This is not the MVP site despite its fake logos.
>
> The correct MVP site is http://www.mvps.org/.

Thank you for your timely response. Been sitting here three weeks just
wondering whether or not to trust that site.

From: "FromTheRafters" erratic on
"The Real Truth MVP" <trt(a)void.com> wrote in message
> You can go to whatever site you want but you will only find my fix
> tools here http://www.ms-mvp.org on my MVP site.

Will it be any safer if I wait another three weeks?

What does MVP stand for?

From: David Kaye on
"FromTheRafters" <erratic @nomail.afraid.org> wrote:

>Thank you for your timely response. Been sitting here three weeks just
>wondering whether or not to trust that site.

I'm always suspicious of websites where the English is poor, punctuation is
weird, and words are unnecessarily capitalized. Also, there seems to be no
mention of who the woman is whose photo appears on the site and on the blog.
Anybody who does this for a living, especially if they're an MS MVP would
surely list their name.
 |  Next  |  Last
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5
Prev: SWP Demo