From: Brandon B. on
> It can be tricky. If you can spend a bit of time with different
> libraries and tools it would help. But even then, it can be hard to
> really know what each offers over the long run.

yea, im kinda getting that vibe... thanks everyone for the info, i
think im just gonna take a step back and see if i can work things out a
bit.

take care,

From: Arndt Roger Schneider on
Brandon Mr schrieb:

>first off, sorry if this in the wrong place, i just signed up here.
>if so, let me know where to put further posts.
>
>i am looking for a way to make a customized gui, like using differently
>shaped windows or graphics for the window borders, while allowing me to
>add buttons (using images) i dont mind researching things and learning
>how they work and i dont mind having to learn a new toolkit, the
>problem is i cant find anything to suit my needs, i have tried a few
>different toolkits, including TK, Fox and GTK. I have made a few
>differnt programs, imcluding an alarm clock, and a file manipulation
>program(moving, renaming, creating, files and folders, complete with
>GUIs using Fox toolkit) just to give you an estimation of what i know.
>If these can do what id like them to do, i cant find out how. i have
>been looking for weeks and havent come any closer. this is the last step
>before giving up on it....
>
>i am running on windows 7, (i know probably not the best place to start
>with custom gui programming), I run ruby 1.86, and i have looked into
>Shoes, Bowline, Glitter, GTK + Glade, Clutter (i have the files, they
>are in tarballs and dont know where to put all the files, and the lack
>of documentation sucks.)
>
>i hope that is enough for someone to help if not let me know what you
>need to know. Thanks in Advance....

Are you trying to create a visualizaition with gui elements?

Maybe something akin what I did with gstripes (Tk):
http://gestaltitems.sourceforge.net/geitems/Gestalt_Items_Gstripes.html
?

-roger