From: Andrew Lavinsky on
I just tried it in Windows Vista, with MS Project 2007 > Excel 2010, and
was able to paste a link no problem. I did have to format the field in Excel
to show up as a date, but that was it.

I'll play with it tomorrow on another laptop that's running XP and Office
2007 to see if I can recreate your issue.

MS Project Pro or Standard shouldn't matter.

- Andrew Lavinsky
Blog: http://blogs.catapultsystems.com/epm

From: braden on

Andrew Lavinsky;4934916 Wrote:
> I just tried it in Windows Vista, with MS Project 2007 > Excel 2010,
> and
> was able to paste a link no problem. I did have to format the field in
> Excel
> to show up as a date, but that was it.
>
> I'll play with it tomorrow on another laptop that's running XP and
> Office
> 2007 to see if I can recreate your issue.
>
> MS Project Pro or Standard shouldn't matter.

I'm on Windows 7 and am using project and excel '10 beta - if that
changes anything. Sorry - probably should have mentioned that before.

--
braden
braden's Profile: http://forums.techarena.in/members/216303.htm

http://forums.techarena.in

From: JulieS on
Hi Braden,

Pardon me for bumping in. I believe there was a problem as you
describe with one of the early Project 2010 Betas. However, I
believe it has been fixed in the final version.

There was a few conversations about this on the Project 2010
site. See:
http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/projectprofessional2010general/threads

Julie
Project MVP

Visit http://project.mvps.org/ for the FAQs and additional
information about Microsoft Project

From: braden on

Thank you Julie.

I think I've actually figured out a work around. After pasting linked
information in Excel, go to the data ribbon. Under the connections
section click on 'edit links' then 'update links'. Gives me everything I
need. It also allows me to break the link and move the link, should I
change the location of the root information.

Now I just need to explore MS sharepoint and Project Server to determine
whether or not its worth it to have those two when I'm using Project to
manage tasks and not work hours or budget.

From: JulieS on
You're most welcome Braden. I'm glad that you found a method
that gets what you need and thanks for the feedback.