From: dorayme on
Anyone had any trouble with latest update to Cyberduck. I am
getting "failures" FTP Error: Cannot change permissions on
uploads to some servers. Also difficulty disconnecting from
servers without simply quitting whole program.

Now, where is my backup of the program before the update (working
fine)...

--
dorayme
From: Mike Rosenberg on
dorayme <doraymeRidThis(a)optusnet.com.au> wrote:

> Anyone had any trouble with latest update to Cyberduck.

I've only just tried uploading one file, to one server, on reading your
post, but Cyberduck 2.7 worked fine for me. I'll let you know if I
encounter any trouble after I've used it more extensively, but I only
upload to the one server.

--
<http://designsbymike.biz/macconsultshop.shtml> Mac-themed T-shirts
<http://designsbymike.biz/musings.shtml> Mostly muckraking T-shirts
From: Dave Balderstone on
In article <1hpddw6.19kfhf61c0bdl4N%mikePOST(a)TOGROUPmacconsult.com>,
Mike Rosenberg <mikePOST(a)TOGROUPmacconsult.com> wrote:

> dorayme <doraymeRidThis(a)optusnet.com.au> wrote:
>
> > Anyone had any trouble with latest update to Cyberduck.
>
> I've only just tried uploading one file, to one server, on reading your
> post, but Cyberduck 2.7 worked fine for me. I'll let you know if I
> encounter any trouble after I've used it more extensively, but I only
> upload to the one server.

I've never had any trouble with Cyberduck, including this latest
version.
From: dorayme on
In article
<251120061709174079%dave(a)N_O_T_T_H_I_Sbalderstone.ca>,
Dave Balderstone <dave(a)N_O_T_T_H_I_Sbalderstone.ca> wrote:

> In article <1hpddw6.19kfhf61c0bdl4N%mikePOST(a)TOGROUPmacconsult.com>,
> Mike Rosenberg <mikePOST(a)TOGROUPmacconsult.com> wrote:
>
> > dorayme <doraymeRidThis(a)optusnet.com.au> wrote:
> >
> > > Anyone had any trouble with latest update to Cyberduck.
> >
> > I've only just tried uploading one file, to one server, on reading your
> > post, but Cyberduck 2.7 worked fine for me. I'll let you know if I
> > encounter any trouble after I've used it more extensively, but I only
> > upload to the one server.
>
> I've never had any trouble with Cyberduck, including this latest
> version.

OK... I have narrowed the problems to a couple of things:

The failure notice is coming up only on some of my server
connections, all the Windows operating packages (not my choice).
The rest, non- Windows, do not trip the failure notice.

The files are actually loading up fine now even on these three it
seems. The failure notice is therefore possibly just gratuitous?
But it is a slight worry, it has Cancel and Try again and I am
not sure what I am trying again! Or cancelling... except with the
Cancel, the notice goes away. Tried restarting my machine. Maybe
I have to clear caches and other things?

I do not know if it would help to publish the guts of the Toggle
transcript on the notice? (The author of Cyberduck is on a
holiday trip at the moment. So excuse the details, in case anyone
can suggest a fix in the meantime) It says roughly:

220 Serv-U FTP-Server v2.4a for WinSock ready...
USER ...
331 User name okay, need password.
PASS ********
230-Welcome to the Big Pond Cable Web Hosting service.
230 User logged in, proceed.
SYST
215 UNIX Type: L8
NOOP
200 Command okay.
PASV
227 Entering Passive Mo (178,185,5,194,6,168)
STOR /file.html
150 Opening ASCII mode data connection for movie.html.
226-Maximum disk quota limited to 10240 Kbytes
Used disk quota 1 Kbytes, available 10238 Kbytes
226 Transfer complete.
NOOP
200 Command okay.
SITE chmod 644 /file.html
501 SITE option not supported.
SITE UTIME 20061126013257 /file.html
501 SITE option not supported.
QUIT
221 Goodbye!

The other problem is the disconnecting from the server.
Previously, the Disconnect button and all the file names would go
faded when disconnected (I have forgotten if the word changed to
Connect, I think it stayed as Disconnect in the version before
the update but faded. Now, as a practical thing I just quit CD
when it is important not to use time up on the server. To switch
to another server is ok, it just changes to the new server and
displays the files.

--
dorayme
From: dorayme on
In article
<doraymeRidThis-8F6965.13382526112006(a)news-vip.optusnet.com.au>,
dorayme <doraymeRidThis(a)optusnet.com.au> wrote:

> The other problem is the disconnecting from the server.
> Previously, the Disconnect button and all the file names would go
> faded when disconnected ...

I should add now, the disconnect button seems not to be actually
disconnecting the CB program from the server (so no wonder the
lack of fade mentioned previously). There are changes to the
bottom left "footer" info, before pressing the disconnect it is
something like: "187 files", after pressing, "Listing directory
/"

That I am not disconnecting at all is evidenced by the altogether
too quick appearance of files at other levels of the server (the
black arrows left and right towards top left trigger these level
changes)

--
dorayme