From: nausea1995 on
Hi,

I am hoping to find a simple DC Circuit Simulator program for the 49g+.
Circuitos looked good but despite being labeled on hpcalc.org as
English/Spanish, I cannot figure out how to switch it to English. Does
anyone have any suggestions? I don't need anything complicated, just
enough for very simple dc circuits.

Also, if anyone knows why I have to unplug/plug in my usb cabled each
time I want to reconnect using Conn4x please let me know.

From: nausea1995 on
I wrote a long rant against HP, but decided not to post it. It doesn't
look hopeful to find such a program, the few that look like what I am
looking for are either in spanish, or for the 48.

I like my HP and unfortanetely for myself cannot see myself using a
non-rpn calculator, but it is very frustrating to continuously come
across situations where software that would be very applicable in the
classroom has only been developed for TI. The reasons for this are
obvious, but it's still just as disheartening. Too bad Qonos is dead,
I understood it was planned to emulate HP and TI. Anyone care to
exlpain what kind of programming issues or whatever prevent someone
from emulating/porting appilcations written in TI language to HP?

Also, will the 50g be backwards compatible to run programs written for
48 let alone 49?

Thanks all.
~John

From: Joel Kolstad on
<nausea1995(a)gmail.com> wrote in message
> I like my HP and unfortanetely for myself cannot see myself using a
> non-rpn calculator, but it is very frustrating to continuously come
> across situations where software that would be very applicable in the
> classroom has only been developed for TI.

I agree it's frustrating, but realistically for something like SPICE I think
you'd find that you give up an *awful* lot of productivitiy & features just to
be able to use an HP-48 rather than a laptop computer.

That being said, I know there are SPICEs for the HP-48 series out there --
I've never used them, however.

> Too bad Qonos is dead,
> I understood it was planned to emulate HP and TI. Anyone care to
> exlpain what kind of programming issues or whatever prevent someone
> from emulating/porting appilcations written in TI language to HP?

1) Getting someone to write the program when, realistically, it'd have to be
99% a labor of love (i.e., not much money to be made)
2) It might end up being considerably slower than the real thing, which is bad
when the real thing is so inexpensive.

---Joel Kolstad

From: nausea1995 on

Joel Kolstad wrote:
> <nausea1995(a)gmail.com> wrote in message
> > I like my HP and unfortanetely for myself cannot see myself using a
> > non-rpn calculator, but it is very frustrating to continuously come
> > across situations where software that would be very applicable in the
> > classroom has only been developed for TI.
>
> I agree it's frustrating, but realistically for something like SPICE I think
> you'd find that you give up an *awful* lot of productivitiy & features just to
> be able to use an HP-48 rather than a laptop computer.

Yeah, I've been limited to using PC for this kind of stuff, but having
a simple SPICE program on my calc would be useful for working on
homework at school or verifying circuits in labs.

> That being said, I know there are SPICEs for the HP-48 series out there --
> I've never used them, however.

How difficult / time consuming would it be to port a 48 program to 49
for a novice like myself? I guess it involves rewriting the code in a
different language, in which case it's something I wouldn't have time
to learn how to do.

~john

From: Veli-Pekka Nousiainen on
nausea1995(a)gmail.com wrote:
> Also, will the 50g be backwards compatible to run programs written for
> 48 let alone 49?

HP 50G == hp49g+ ** software wise
the RS-232C may have additional entry in [ON] [D] menu

The hardware seems to differ by offering both RSl & USB
and using 4 batteries & different case/keyboard colouring
and having finally a good keyboard to begin with

So if your programs for the 49g+ work/work not
expect the same from the 50G

 |  Next  |  Last
Pages: 1 2 3 4
Prev: Linux emulators