From: JaffaB on
Hello,

In my error log, I have a few DCOM errors reporting...

the launch and activation security descriptior for the DCOM server
application with CLSID {486DD18C-B031-4586-AAF1-C1A92C57E4CC} is
invalid. It contains access controls with permissions that are invalid

Does anybody know what this means (other than the user password is
invalid or has not been set) - i.e, how do I find out what this
application is to set the correct permissions?

Many thanks in advance.

From: Marina Roos [SBS-MVP] on
Hi Jaffa,

Search the registry for that GUID.

--
Regards,

Marina Roos
Microsoft SBS-MVP
One of the Magical M&M's
www.smallbizserver.net
Take part in SBS forum:
http://www.smallbizserver.net/Default.aspx?tabid=53

"JaffaB" <jaffa_brown(a)yahoo.co.uk> schreef in bericht
> Hello,
>
> In my error log, I have a few DCOM errors reporting...
>
> the launch and activation security descriptior for the DCOM server
> application with CLSID {486DD18C-B031-4586-AAF1-C1A92C57E4CC} is
> invalid. It contains access controls with permissions that are invalid
>
> Does anybody know what this means (other than the user password is
> invalid or has not been set) - i.e, how do I find out what this
> application is to set the correct permissions?
>
> Many thanks in advance.

Pages: 1
Prev: WBLOGSVC Error
Next: ISA 2004 cisco SSL vpn client