From: Rick F on
Has anyone run across this? Is it anything to be concerned with? It started
showing up last week in the SBS reports and happens always at 4:30am.

Critical Errors in Application Log
Source Event ID Last Occurrence Total Occurrences
WBLOGSVC 2002 6/28/2006 4:30 AM 1
There was an error while saving a record to the SBS database.
The error is 0x80040e14.

--
Rick Faria - MCSE / A+
RDF Technical Services - www.rdfts.com

From: "Brandy Nee [MSFT]" on
Hello Rick,

Thank you for posting to the SBS Newsgroup.

I understand that you encounter Event ID 2002 WBLOGSVC on your SBS Server.
If I have misunderstood your concern, please let me know.

WBLogSvc is the Web Usage Logging Service on SBS Server, and 0x80040e14
means DB_E_ERRORSINCOMMAND. In order to supplement your description, I need
your help to gather the following information:

1. When did the issue occur? Did you make any changes or install any
updates/software on the SBS Server recently?

2. Have you applied SBS 2K3 SP1? Do you have SQL Server installed? If yes,
what is the version, please? Is it SQL 2K SP3 or SP4? Do you have FrontPage
installed?

3. Please forward the Performance Report to me to analysis.

4. On the server, run "eventvwr" (without quotation marks), check whether
there are any errors. If yes, double click it, click the Copy button and
paste the full content to the Newsgroup.

5. Is your SBS Server running fine? Is there any performance issue? Can
your Exchange Send/Receive emails?

At this stage, I suggest that you schedule a down time to perform a clean
boot on your SBS Server to see if the issue will occur:

A Clean Boot will allow us to isolate any device drivers or programs that
are loading at startup that may be causing a conflict with other device
drivers or programs that are installed in your computer.

a. Click Start->Run, type "MSCONFIG" (without the quotation marks) and
click OK.

b. In the System Configuration Utility (MSConfig) window, click the
"Startup" tab.

c. Click to clear all the check marks from the list box under "Startup".

d. Click the Services tab, check the "Hide all Microsoft Services" box and
then click the "Disable All" button to disable the non-Microsoft services.

e. Click OK to close the MSConfig window. Click Yes when you are asked to
restart your computer in order to enable the changes.

f. After restarting, please check whether this issue still exists.

For your references:

841216 "0x80040E14" or "HTTP 500" error message when you connect to your
Windows SharePoint Services Web site after you install a Windows SharePoint
Services service pack
http://support.microsoft.com/?id=841216

256136 "Database Results Error" error message when you update a database
record in FrontPage
http://support.microsoft.com/?id=256136

Please take your time to perferm the steps and gather the information for
research. I am waiting for your reply!

Best regards,

Brandy Nee

Microsoft CSS Online Newsgroup Support

You can locate the newsgroup here:

issue.

--------------------

From: "Cliff Zhang [MSFT]" on
Hi Rick,

Thank you for your update! This is Cliff Zhang, the tech lead of this newsgroup and I would like to jump in since Brandy is now taking leave.

I understand that you are out of town and will be back several days later. Please just take your time and we will standing by for your further update.

Have a great day!

Sincerely,

Cliff Zhang
SBS Public Newsgroup Technical Lead
Microsoft Online Newsgroup Support
34377429

PLEASE NOTE: The partner managed newsgroups are provided to assist with break/fix issues and simple how to questions.

We also love to hear your product feedback!

Let us know what you think by posting
from the web interface: Partner Feedback
from your newsreader: microsoft.private.directaccess.partnerfeedback.

We look forward to hearing from you!
When responding to posts, please "Reply to Group" via your newsreader so that others may learn and benefit from this issue.

From: Rick F on
I will also reply in the newsgroup but email you the info you requested
directly.

1. Not sure on when exactly it started. I noticed it happens every day now
at 4:30am. No changes that I know of other than I just keep up to date on
the Microsoft updates and that is about it.

2. Yes SP1 is installed. SQL is not installed nor Frontpage. This is SBS
2003 Standard Edition.

3. Will forward it to you in a separate email and will include the case # in
the subject line.

4. The event log looks pretty good. You always seems to have a few odds and
end issues that are minor. Here is the one about WBLOGSVC:
Event Type: Error
Event Source: WBLOGSVC
Event Category: None
Event ID: 2002
Date: 7/11/2006
Time: 4:30:09 AM
User: N/A
Computer: SERVER
There was an error while saving a record to the SBS database. The error is
0x80040e14.

5. Server appears to be running fine, no reported issues from the end-users.
Don't experience and performance issues and email appears to be working.

This is a remote client for me, Can I do that Cleanboot and still connect
back via Terminal Services remotely?

--
Rick Faria - MCSE / A+
RDF Technical Services - www.rdfts.com
Email: support at rdfts dot com

Hi Rick,

I wanted to inform you that I have replied to your thread in:

Newsgroup: microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs

Titled: WBLOGSVC Error

Please reply directly to the thread if you have any other question or
concern. You may receive this email notification before you are able to view
my reply in the newsgroup. I also copy the content as following for your
convenience:

******************

[...]

Please take your time to perform the steps and gather the information for
research. I am waiting for your reply!

******************

If you are unable to view the reply to your thread, please send me an email
with a description of the problem and what newsreader you are using.

Have a nice day.

Sincerely,

From: chace zhang on
Hi Rick,

Thank you for posting back.

My name is Chace,As Brandy applied OOF at this moment, I will work with you
on this issue.,

First of all, please understand that WebLogSVC is not a Microsoft service.
This issue relates to third party product or services. To isolate the root
cause of this issue, I suggest you to perform a Clean Boot to see whether
the problem persists. To do so:

1. Click Start->Run...->type msconfig and press Enter
2. Click Services tab and select Hide All Microsoft Services and Disable
All third party Services.
3. Click Startup tab and Disable All startup items
4. Click OK and choose Restart
5. After reboot, check whether the problem still occurs
6. If there are no more problems, please use the above steps to enable
services and startup items one by one in order to figure out the root cause
of this issue.

Based on my testing, after you applied Clean boot, you can establish a
Terminal session with this SBS server.

Refer to: 310353 - How to Perform a Clean Boot in Windows XP
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;310353
[Note] This also applies to Windows Server 2003.

I hope the above info helps. If you have any update or need further
assistance, please don't hesitate to let me know

Best Regards,

Best Regards,

Chace Zhang (MSFT)

Pages: 1 2