From: Dean Collins on
Ok so I've had this weird problem where my sbs 2003 server each sunday
morning for the last 2 weeks has been switched off? power it up and seems to
run fine.

except that this sunday when I came in some major problems, isa wasn't
working, couple of other problems, tried to fix it in a few hours and gave
up by re-installing fridays backup.

works great except now my dhcp cant be found and a few other what I'm
guessing are dns related issues.

So I have a two part question.

Is there a way to clean out/correct dns (I'm clueless when it comes to dns)

and second part,

can anyone see anything wrong in the backup log file I've copied below. I
went to the link and to be honest didn't solve the 80041003 problem?

For now I have stopped all backups with the hope that this problem wont
occur tonight as well.

tia,
Dean

26/06/2006 1:00 AM
-------------------------------
Date: 26/06/2006
Time: 1:00 AM
User: SYSTEM
-------------------------------

Backup Runner started.
Launching NTBackup: ntbackup.exe backup "@C:\Program Files\Microsoft Windows
Small Business Server\Backup\Small Business Backup Script.bks" /d "SBS
Backup created on 26/06/2006 at 1:00 AM" /v:yes /r:no /rs:no /hc:off /m
normal /j "Small Business Server Backup Job" /l:s /f "H:\Backup Files\Small
Business Server Backup (01).bkf" /UM
NetUserGetInfo failed. (0x800708b2)
EnableLocalAccount(false) failed. (0x800708b2)
NTBACKUP LOG FILE: C:\Documents and Settings\SBS Backup User\Local
Settings\Application Data\Microsoft\Windows NT\NTBackup\data\backup03.log
=====================<BEGIN NTBACKUP LOG FILE>=====================
Backup Status
Operation: Backup
Active backup destination: File
Media name: "Small Business Server Backup (01).bkf created 26/06/2006 at
1:00 AM"

Volume shadow copy creation: Attempt 1.
Backup (via shadow copy) of "C: "
Backup set #1 on media #1
Backup description: "SBS Backup created on 26/06/2006 at 1:00 AM"
Media name: "Small Business Server Backup (01).bkf created 26/06/2006 at
1:00 AM"

Backup Type: Normal

Backup started on 26/06/2006 at 1:14 AM.
Backup completed on 26/06/2006 at 2:11 AM.
Directories: 7365
Files: 78813
Time: 57 minutes and 19 seconds
Backup of "COGNATIONSVR1\Microsoft Information Store\First Storage Group"
Backup set #2 on media #1
Backup description: "SBS Backup created on 26/06/2006 at 1:00 AM"
Media name: "Small Business Server Backup (01).bkf created 26/06/2006 at
1:00 AM"

Backup Type: Normal

Backup started on 26/06/2006 at 2:11 AM.
Backup completed on 26/06/2006 at 2:14 AM.
Directories: 4
Files: 5
Time: 3 minutes and 32 seconds
Backup (via shadow copy) of "System State"
Backup set #3 on media #1
Backup description: "SBS Backup created on 26/06/2006 at 1:00 AM"
Media name: "Small Business Server Backup (01).bkf created 26/06/2006 at
1:00 AM"

Backup Type: Copy

Backup started on 26/06/2006 at 2:15 AM.
Backup completed on 26/06/2006 at 2:16 AM.
Directories: 252
Files: 2788
Time: 1 minute and 37 seconds

----------------------

=======================<END NTBACKUP LOG FILE>=====================
spIEnumWbemClassObject->Next failed. (0x80041003)
The success or failure of this backup could not be confirmed. Ensure the
Windows Management Instrumentation service is started and try to backup
again.
GetResultFromEvents failed. (0x80041003)
NTBackup finished the backup with errors.

For more information about failed backups, see the article on
troubleshooting your backup at the following Web page:

Backup ended at Monday, 26 June 2006 2:22 AM
Backup Runner finished.

From: Steven Zhu [MSFT] on
Hi Dean,

Thanks for posting here.

From your post, I understand that you have the following two questions:

1. You hope anyone can help you solve the DNS related issue.

2. You find some error message in Backup Log file.

If I am off base, please feel free to let me know.

First at all, it appears that you are dealing with multiple issues that
will require individual attention to ensure that we are not
counter-productive in out support efforts. A suggestion in this post would
be to post these issues separately so that contributors within this
newsgroup who specialize in certain feature will be able to provide the
'value add' to resolving these issues.

It is important to us that we provide you with the best support possible
and by breaking down these issues separately we will be able to address
them appropriately and in a timely manner.

Thank you for your patience and understanding.

Here, I will focus on your first question. From your description, I
understand that you find some DNS related issue after you restores the
server, and you cannot find the DHCP server. Please help me collect the
following information in order to narrow down this issue:

1. Please let me know whether you find any error message in your event log.

2. Do you get any error prompt about DNS, if so, please capture the
screenshot of the error prompt and send it to my work address:
v-stezhu(a)microsoft.com.

3. Please let me know what happened you ensure the issue about DNS.

Please let me know the above information so that I can provide the further
assistance on this issue. I am looking forward to your reply.

Have a nice day.

Best Regards,

Steven Zhu
MCSE
Microsoft Online Partner Support
PLEASE NOTE the newsgroup SECURE CODE and PASSWORD were
updated on February 14, 2006.? Please complete a re-registration process
by entering the secure code mmpng06 when prompted. Once you have
entered the secure code mmpng06, you will be able to update your profile
and access the partner newsgroups.
that others may learn and benefit from this issue.